Taking Battle Dawn to the next level

Yes the new BD chat will be like Whatsapp

13 Likes

Steam is fine by me. Release the kraken already.

2 Likes

A suggestion though for the new game , can u please give it some more stalling or defense mechanism , i do love the fact that there is always something to do when i login BD but then when it makes me login all the time to do something (even when i dont feel like) it starts tiring me. Its just a personal opinion as i felt that a lot of people just growup and get busy with life and stop spending late nights at the game and then they realize how wide is the difference between how they are playing now and how they used to play and they realize that they will never be able to win any competitive eras like past so they just go into some JW shell or stop bothering even as much as planting.

2 Likes

IF you can stall for longer then what’s the point of someone else being active to kill you when you’re sleeping? This game has always been activity based.

2 Likes

I have to agree with Neutron that more stalling especially on a 1 ticker would make the game super boring. I understand the age thing though, that is why I take more frequent breaks now. I don’t feel like logging sometimes, but it is part of the game.

i actually disagree. Old BD was much slower paced when food was a thing. For every tick you were not on your colony or TB and had over your food income (was very very hard to have large army and sufficient food) your army would disband 1 per tick. Doesn’t seem that bad, but it’s very painful when it randomly decides to delete your R4 or R5 units. So you couldn’t just leave your army attacking 24/7. You had to station them up in a TB (back then you could have 2 per person). And therefore, nukes were extremely important for halting advances. You simply aimed for the TBs. Gates were only important for bringing in reinforcements, not whole armies. This made the game stay activity based, BUT required a whole different level of strategy and tactics. In the past, teams failed b/c they tried to stay on offense for too long and weakened themselves enough for the defense to become more powerful.

I prefer this style of play. It rewards activity, but allows for some semblance of rest. This is why you hear of folks from the older version talking about 3000 tick eras where no one won by 10 relics (and they weren’t ready to kill themselves).

12 Likes

Waiting for trailer of BD2 in YouTube :wink::smile: let’s take it to next level

2 Likes

I agree with malice that the OC BD was slower and a lot more tactical in many ways. I personally enjoyed that too but it made it too hard core and counterintuitive for many, and having 4-5 month eras is taxing in different ways for people who have school, holidays, work, etc

We looked at all the pluses and minuses of BD when creating BD2 but this time more from the player’s perspective, as luckily between me, Alex, Ilona, etc we have hundreds of eras played over the last 10+ years

So all I can say is we are putting in some mechanisms that will allow for more delegation, more seamless access via mobile and PC simultaneously, etc. It won’t be perfect I am sure but at least it will be done for the players by the players, based on actual experience and nights lost rather than on theoretical “never played seriously but I know best” thinking.

The one thing I really want to ask all of you, new and old, is to please play the alpha (when available later this year) as much as possible and give us feedback and advice. And once the new game is out please take some time to mentor the new players, make them feel welcome and help recreate the great community/family feeling this game had at its peak.

Best,

Cosmin

25 Likes

Ok, but when is CE?

6 Likes

On the Alpha. It’ll be a true even playing field and a test of adapting to new surroundings while battling the greatest enemy of them all, your own over-confidence.

3 Likes

Will old BD close shortly after BD2 Alpha opens? If not some may not move over for there to be enough competition for testing. Also, I hope there are not plans for farming in BD2. I quit playing Evony due to the task of farming being too laborious. One last question. Will our current token system be able to be used on BD2, or do we loose our tokens we currently have?

1 Like

The exact date for CE3 will be announced first week of February. And all CE3 tokens that you win will be convertible to BD2 tokens, as a transition between the two games.

15 Likes

It would be nice if you could “flag” more than one player at a time in BD2. Currently you can only flag one player orange, and sometimes it would be nice to flag another one or two with different colors. Especially when playing solo or two man eras. Also, you can only flag one alliance at a time purple. Would be nice to have the option of flagging another alliance with a different color as well.

9 Likes

I have been saying this for years.

4 Likes

You’ve said a lot of things for years Sakrie.

8 Likes

I hope when the alpha comes out developers will be open to take many quality of life suggestions, for example saving squad templates you can premake so you can auto train 30 spam templates instead of clicking 8 million times.

9 Likes

I would like it to auto-battle sim for you so I only could take good battles.

3 Likes

Let’s not get too lazy about the game, then it becomes Farmville. Lol

3 Likes

No, cool downs for boosts :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

have our armies evade attacks automatically when we are offline unless they will win

5 Likes