Salt and Pepper

That’s what soft-shell crabs are for. Literally, LITERALLY, the most delicious marine food there is, fight me on it.

E: Because I don’t want to double-post…calm the fuck down Guarav

3 Likes

Nothing special pat, I dare you to find a post he hasn’t liked.

2 Likes

I double dog dare you

3 Likes

shouldn’t be too hard

6 Likes

There was a weekend or so some weeks back where I probably missed liking some posts. If you find one, please do let me know :smiley:

2 Likes

I have decided this is now a cooking and self-improvement related thread.

Please post all your cooking related questions here and I will be more than happy to discuss.

1 Like

Cooking related question,

What about second breakfast? or luncheon? or afternoon tea? or supper? or dinner?

4 Likes

I want to try making a proper carbonara but guanciale is impossible to find here.

I can try to get it shipped but we can buy the basic meat and make it ourselves.

I am wondering if this is safe enough to try, or if you can actually die from the bacteria if you fuck up.

1 Like

I wouldn’t count on it
(Apple flys in from the distance)

2 Likes

Just use pancetta like us heathen Americans.

As a (marine) microbial ecologist, I don’t recommend fucking around with bacteria unless you know what you are doing. I’m not sure if you’d die, but you’d definitely have a bad time if you happened to contaminate any of your culturing.

The rule of thumb I go by in my own research is, “If you don’t specifically kill all the bacteria, assume absolutely anything possible is living in your sample”

1 Like

100% absolutely legendary

2 Likes

I’ve used it before but I’ve understood guanciale is far superior flavor wise, apparently it basically explodes in your mouth if cooked right.

I suppose i’ll be importing then, thanks!

2 Likes