Rant @ You 'Vet' Players

This thread is music to my ears right now. A drama thread I started months ago is being reborn. This is my BD, it’s like a table-top RPG to me these days, and I get to roleplay a pretentious chaotic neutral/good shit-gibbon.

I realllllly want to show you a screenshot because I actually do know the take on this because I was DM’d.

Essentially this thread and my shitposting:

2 Likes

So by all means, post the DM.

1 Like

Now what would be the fun in that for me? I know I’m telling the truth, but I’m also aware of how much it sounds like 100% bullshit to any on-looker. I love it.

I love how 100% of your posts on the new forums are trying to insult me. What great community contributions from a clearly upstanding person :rofl: You have been upset at something I literally started with “Welcome to my shitpost”. Call me a retard and move on like a normal person would do.

Or continue responding and playing at my game.

1 Like

cool that after all these years people still get together to be angry at eachother for a cascading list of non-reasons

4 Likes

I dont think you are retarded and Im not insulting you. Im just saying you are grandstanding.

1 Like

Sakrie nub

Enough said

5 Likes

Why would someone waste thought in a video game setting? This is an escape from reality, not a job.

2 Likes

Imagine thinking Sakrie was posting for literally any other reason except for bait. And you guys are still biting down hard months later smfh

5 Likes

Well… I was called a rent-boy which in-itself is quite unfair, despite having mentioned at the very beginning and in plain English that he was going to try not to call anyone out specifically. By all means, I don’t think this thread is useless. Truth be told, I think it is very amusing and makes lots of valid points as far as the present state of the game. I will refrain from touching upon the many reasons why the game has reached a state where some worlds happen to be extremely competitive at times and other having the misfortune of being completely dead for not only is it a discussion that was initiated numerous times and on many different platforms in the past, but I also do not think the player-base is the only reason behind the game’s decline. For any fair-minded person, there is no one single reason behind the current state of affairs, in fact there are many and the most obvious as well as the first to come to mind is the fact that this game we love is old (it has been around since 2006) and if anything had well and already been in decline ever since I joined in 2012. Not to state the obvious but the solution when it comes to decrease the possibility of there being non-competitive, farming and overall dead eras at any given time is for admins, Alexander, and whoever else is in charge to try their absolute best to make their eras as interesting and fighting-oriented as possible for as many ticks as possible. It works in other words and the result are enjoyable eras to be remembered and talked about for many years to come.

4 Likes

Fuck me, you all need to get a life. This is pathetic.

3 Likes

I have a life. And I haven’t played this game competitively in well over two years and a half until very recently… Then again, I don’t think this is pathetic. This game simply deserves better and in my previous post you can read the very solution that has worked every single time it was attempted into bringing the absolute best out of players on any given era.

1 Like

Hey dude, yea that was extremely shitty of me to go that far and use that kind of terminology. I do apologize for that and definitely went over the line with that.

The game is in a much better state than it was ~3-4 months ago when I made the OP. It does appear that a lot of people came back for CE3 so hopefully that will transition nicely to hype for BD2. If I were to re-make the OP today I would remove a lot of the “BD is basically dead” nonsense and possibly not even make it at all because it does appear in the CE3 that a lot of my gripes aren’t happening.

3 Likes

Calcium channel antagonists (CCAs) may either be divided into the dihydropyridines (e.g. amlodipine, felodipine, isradipine, lacidipine, nilvadipine, nifedipine, nicardipine etc.), the phenylalkylamines (e.g. verapamil) and the benzothiazepines (e.g. diltiazem) according to their chemical structure, or into first generation agents (nifedipine, verapamil and diltiazem) and second generation agents (subsequently developed dihydropyridine-derivatives). Second generation CCAs are characterized by greater selectivity for calcium channels in vascular smooth muscle cells than the myocardium, a longer duration of action and a small trough-to-peak variation in plasma concentrations. Heart failure is characterized by decreased cardiac output resulting in inadequate oxygen delivery to peripheral tissues. Although the accompanying neurohormonal activation, leading to vasoconstriction and increased blood pressure, is initially beneficial in increasing tissue perfusion, prolonged activation is detrimental because it increases afterload and further reduces cardiac output. At the level of the myocyte, heart failure is associated with increased intracellular calcium levels which are thought to impair diastolic function. These changes indicate that the CCAs would be beneficial in patients with heart failure. There has been a strong interest and increasing experience in the use of CCAs in patients with heart failure. Despite potential beneficial effects in initial small trials, findings from larger trials suggest that CCA may have detrimental effects upon survival and cardiovascular events. However, this may not necessarily be a ‘class b’ effect of the CCAs as there is considerable heterogeneity in the chemical structure of individual agents. Clinical experience with different CCAs in patients with heart failure includes trials that evaluated their effects on hemodynamic parameters, exercise tolerance and on symptomatology. However, the most relevant results are those from randomized clinical trials that assessed mortality as the primary endpoint. First generation CCAs have direct negative inotropic effects and even sustained release formulations have not proved any beneficial effect upon survival. With second generation CCAs, some benefit on hemodynamic parameters has been observed but none on survival, alone or in combination with ACE inhibitors. It is noteworthy that although amlodipine had a neutral effect on morbidity and mortality in large, randomized, placebo-controlled trials in patients with heart failure, the drug was well tolerated. There is no specific indication for CCAs (first or second generation) in patients with systolic heart failure, alone or in combination with ACE inhibitors, but amlodipine may be a considered in the management of hypertension or coronary artery disease in patients with heart failure.

4 Likes

(20 char limit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhherjelajf)

3 Likes

i check the forums to find interesting posts, and im always disappointed when this thread is the only bumped

3 Likes

Feed me dadddy :slight_smile:

2 Likes