Propaganda Wars!

Pearl harbor wasnt a good reason?

Having to wait until you personally become a victim in order to take action? I thought it was as clear as good vs evil :stuck_out_tongue: Why not jump in sooner?

I agree with most of your points pertaining to greed of modern day America entering wars, but it is obvious that the nukes were the best option. The U.S government had two options in Japan- Invade, and let an estimated 1,000,000 U.S marines die. OR- drop the bombs, and kill 200,000 innocent Japanese. Keep in mind at this point in 1945 thousands of Americans were dying weekly, so every day was more Americans dead. It is a countries responsibility to protect the lives of its own citizens, so when Japan decides not to surrender and protect its citizens it is not the fault of the U.S

Hind sight dude. No one was aware that Germany burning people alive or gasing them. But Germany and Japan started WW2, they committed horrendous acts of violence on civilians. Thats perfectly black and white. Explain to what the Allies did that would make them evil during WW2. Im sure I dont need to explain what the axis did anymore.

But as far as I can tell, yall just think war is horrible and evil cause you read some quotes from a general who never fought on a battlefield.

It is sometimes necessary but it is exactly this.

points to Soviet Union

points to the USA making an agreement with the Japanese to forgive human testing in exchange for scientific data

points to the USA harboring German Nazi scientists to work on the Manhattan Project

War damages all. There is no good in war.

1 Like

1 Like

Yea, but they were fighting the Nazis! That means they are good! War is good!

Except I am specifically talking about the western powers. The Russians were never part of my argument.

Also, what part do you understand? The part fed to you by media and pop culture? Where video game characters talk about how all warfare is based on deception and movie stars fake having PTSD from some combat zone?

I’d add in “psychopathic” to that comment as well. You are trying to speak of morality without empathy.

Im psychopathic because I understand that the axis were the bad guys in ww2 and the western powers were the good guys?

Holy, what?

Where can I read up on this?

1 Like

IMG_1227

War is Hell

8 Likes

Just dont reply to seth. Legit wasting your time.

Sakrie, the US did in fact know that the Japanese would attack them at pearl harbor, but let it happen. Not a conspiracy but a known truth.

Dankmemes, there’s been new evidence pointing toward the US only dropping the two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a way to force the Japanese to surrender unconditionally to THEM, instead of the Russians, who were also threatening invasion… Personally am more toward believing the Americans and the two dropped bombs were the prime reasons for this, but some people in the modern age argue otherwise.

Definitely correct decision though. As if those iwo jima? suicide caves/cliffs weren’t evidence enough of what we’d see on the mainland… The Japanese would have fought tooth and nail.

Also though, with that thought, the tokyo fire bombing killed more people than both of those two bombs dropped combined so, if we want to talk about immoral… that may be? ( But that war practiced total war, so also not immoral? )

E: also the thought that all germans are evil is just hilarious. The soldiers in the vermacht, the ‘army’ of the Germans ( NOT THE SS ) were largely innocent of any war crimes and even the majority of them not knowing such things even occurred… those soldiers weren’t evil either… any time you speak in generalizations like that, you really just make a fool of yourself :x

1 Like

Oh here we go with, revisionist at it best. I wont argue with someone who thinks rewritten history is accurate.

1 Like

you don’t wanna know my opinions on WW1/2 :wink:

1 Like

Sure I do. I enjoy open discussions. Might as well make your opinion known.

1 Like

Because there is just one “correct” history?

1 Like

In some cases yes. Everyone knows Japan was nuked, thats a fact. It is also a fact that US high command did NOT want to invade mainland Japan because they didnt want to exterminate the Japanese people off the face of the planet. It was assumed by American command that the Japanese people would fight to death, but not a known fact.

Where the silly revisionist come in is saying that America nuked japan so they would surrender to the US before Russia invaded. And an even dumber bit of revision is the belief that Japan ONLY surrender to the US because they were afraid of Russia.

See the difference? Known facts vs beliefs. I respect the beleifs that the US nuked Japan so they would surrender before russia got involved. I dont agree with it, but I respect it. I completely dismiss people who think Russia was the driving factor is a japanese surrender.

Now where ANJ is throwing his silly revisionist nonsense out is about the Pearl harbor Advance knowledge conspiracy. Basically stating that FDR knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor and let it happen to force the US into war. Its a fringe theory and is rejected by basically every Historian. Its complete nonsense with the only evidence being that of the Commander of a group of ships at pearl harbor during the attack who was so far down the chain of command, he wouldnt even have access to US war intelligence.

1 Like

The Clean Wehrmacht theory has been debunked hundreds of times with interviews, several books, and it only took a little bit of investigation after the war to figure out the the Wehrmacht were not innocent of war crimes. In fact, they primarily did the rounding up and shooting slavs and poles on the frontlines before moving onwards. In France, before the concentration camps, some Jewish women were taken and used as actual sex slaves for the army. The SS is guilty of the worst of the worst but the german army was not clean.

1 Like