Earth 5 Era 90 what just happened?

Relic placement is manual, I’ll normally aim for at least one per continent, or one per major alliance territory, depending on what seems most appropriate (sometimes one in the middle of a warzone).

Relic placement matters a little less on E5, because the protection on the relics and the increased relic speed means that the relics can drift up to about 40% of the map from where they were placed. This means that I have significantly less control over where the relics end up.

I’m not personally a fan of protected relics for this exact reason, but it was chosen by the community in the last gameplay rules/settings vote, and I assume that the randomness and the ability to physically chase relics as they move around is a part of the attraction there - Again, not my preference, but not really my job to second guess the preferences of the players.

Unfortunately, I literally can’t leave relics stationary - they’ll move of their own accord.

6 Likes

LOL ICENOOB ragequit with his zombie army XD

1 Like

Ok, so that does clarify things a bit…odd that you manually placed all relics away from NA/SA this era. If you had placed them in the ocean by NA/SA, maybe then people in NA/SA would have had a chance to grab them. I guess you had your reasons for placing them where you did this era to begin with. Like I said, I was away so I’m really just trying to figure out what happened to make so many upset.

As for the new rule set, you can tell I’ve not been playing e5 in a very long time…weird how the rules have changed so much. I was not aware that the rules now require protection for relics along with increased relic speed. I agree these two rules do seem odd. I wonder why others felt these rules were needed and would love to hear their feed back.

1 Like

One was released in Antartica just below SA (and since it can’t drift very far West or South, it was extremely likely to end up at least passing SA)

One was released in the water between Greenland and NA (and since it can’t drift very far West or North, it was likely to end up at least passing NA)

Realistically the odds were about the same whether those relics had been placed smack bang in the middle of their respective continents or not.

I’m actually planning another vote on E5 settings soon, I put a message out earlier in the era to court ideas about what people would like to see. I think it’s just become a part of the culture of E5 to have these unique twists - it started under Joe so I’m not sure of the origins of it.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a lot easier to get relics on land than those flying in the ocean, even if they are passing through…but with that said…3 out of 10 relics…means 1 per continent…except 7 in Asia/Africa/Aussie…I can still see an imbalance.

E5 seems to have some crazy rules. I would be curious if those who voted E5 rules into effect even still play E5. I do agree it’s time to make a few changes.

1 Like

You quit, You made a thread about e1 and said you quit forever and ever until the end of time cus you got outplayed
and also youre just here whining because it means you wont be able to get a top 10 and free blues by getting relics handed to you for sitting on your arse all era and doing nothing
tough luck

2 Likes

I mean, Africa/Asia/Aussie is half of the landmass, and also the most contested area in E5. But yeah, like I say, the degree of control I can exert on these settings is limited, since there’s so little correlation between release point and deshield point on these settings.

1 Like

Oh yes the glitch…that was before simmen compensated me…

And, you have me all figured out. Lol That’s the funniest comment anyone has made all night, considering I don’t even have an army or network this e5.

Btw who are you?

1 Like

lets just spoon feed relics next era / CE to icenoobs so they don’t rage quit again XD

1 Like

glitch/outplayed/destroyed, call it what you want

Just like last era right?

and I am the ribbon you wont be getting, bye bye

Lol I hope you feel all better now after your rude comments to me.

I don’t care about ribbons, I was just here to find out what happened while I have been away.

Btw did you know that e1 my team was fighting against iceman? So, if you want to say my friend outplayed me then, I will gladly take losing to my friend iceman. But it was truly a glitch.

2 Likes

also why not ICECHICKENS just fight it out for relic instead of this bc drama LOL CHICKENS RAN away

From what I see, the relics had protection, they were spawned in different areas but they’d end up in the opponents continent right before they were about to end protection.
Now again it’s a solo world, if it wasn’t then it would’ve been a bit alright but.
1st in E3 Ilona spawns relics with 2000 units on a world with 1500 tick limit :slight_smile:
Now, in e5 either the relics shouldn’t have protection or the relic setup shouldve been kept in a way that they kept revolving around a certain continent from where they were spawned so the players from different continents had equal chances of getting them
There’s nothing much to say to Angel, she’s an old player and I don’t think passing rude comments without observing the situation of the world would help if any one of you were playing for the win I’m sure you would’ve been mad as much as ice or any other
Anyways have fun

3 Likes

clearly some people speaking here are bias lmfao.

What’s wrong with Angel merely making a topic for discussion? Not enough activity on the forums as is, so I don’t see the issue you got ( Uchi lmfao ) and Jason why’re you so quick to demean the value or thoughts of others? Bias much?

If it was fair, it was fair. If it wasn’t fair, it wasn’t fair. Why try to shoot others down before anything is even verified unless you feel some kind of way?

( You players always talk about whos good and bad, just fight ICEMAN you fucking chumps. Stop bitching and moaning every which way )

2 Likes

I stated the facts and how the situation worked… Cant handle that? yikes

I don’t think you’re unbiased enough to state the truth if it didn’t fit your side :stuck_out_tongue:

Plus, you’re not an admin, the hell does your thoughts matter on if it’s legit or not legit? Swerve mf

2 Likes

Sadly we don’t have the means to just make relics stick to one continent (I like the idea though!)

1 Like

Below average dumb ass, I’m bashing angel wings not the topic of the thread
I fight iceman all the time, but I was helping him this era, moron
You talk about letting people say what they want then you go and try to bash wanaheda? Lol hypocrisy at its finest
How about you go fight iceman? you only play when you have overwhelming support or spy’s in enemy alliance I play win or lose
Go get clapped by stark for the 10th time again, and watch your mouth or I’ll make you lose second place blues again :wink: lmfao

Somehow you think when I say “You chumps” you mean everyone? Just because I address you in part of the message doesn’t mean the entire message is about you, jackass smh

Yes, that is what I was saying. Why’re you attacking angel for her opinion? Just seem like some punk trying to be a bully.

Capped by STARK?! I think Stark himself would say he’s never beaten me lol, what a clown.

Ooooooh, you stopped me from farming second on an era where we were JW, what a badass! ( even more amusing is that you didn’t even kill us, just forced us to not score for 2nd. LMFAO. Dude, are you a kid or what? )

4 Likes

He lost previous E5s to ICEMAN that is why he is butt hurt

3 Likes