Earth 4, let's do it again!

Key thing is that they asked for permission :smiley:

3 Likes

And they also shared the spoils of CP with SE while we were rebuilding. It is only fair that we do the same.

1 Like

GG. Thank you everyone for playing. And Thank you for all the nice posts in this thread. Even as admin you can miss some of the things that go on everywhere. So I enjoyed coming here and seeing something new posted almost every day.

13 Likes

Tick 2000 is finally here! Thank you to our FRNDs for their full support from the very start. Thank you to our enemies for instilling motivation for us to go for the win. Thank you to our NAP allies for honouring their word.

I have been tracking alliance power with 10 days remaining so here’s a nice graph.

The enemies of SE (in order):

1. GOLD - The one that started it all. Forced us into our corner so we attacked.
  2. PLO (the alliance not the player) - The 1 day war as PLO struggled to coordinate his inactive randoms
  3. OOPS - Started when PLO joined the alliance HELL (which changed name to OOPS)
  4. AXIS - 1 day war, then peace negotiated before ASIP took them out
  5. lll - Random spammers from the old GOLD alliance that got some good kills, but later nuked to 0.
  6. MERC - Allies of OOPS but ended up suiciding into us and FRNDs.
  7. R - Allies until the end of OOPS war, after which we declared war on them but there wasn’t enough time to finish the war
  8. sub - R’s sub who recruited a planter in AA and managed to cause us some real headaches relic wise.

It has been a pleasure leading and communicating with different players and leaders on this world. I have changed the SE tag to SoL in honor of Coquidactylus (leader of Suns of Liberty) who has retired from BD… for now :wink:

Cheers and see you all around!

Misaka

13 Likes

I enjoyed this thread from the beginning. I adore the way u express the details of events that happened. I would appreciate if u can explain what happen in the relics at the last moments.

Congratulations and Good game all of u.

4 Likes

Era ending message from me personally.

Appreciate my team to stick together even after I piloted us into every death this era. Couldn’t have done without you all. It was honestly a very exhausting era, fighting PLO’s army after army, but I would never bring us a war that we couldn’t take.

Thanks to all allies, especially FRND to stick with us from tick 1 until the end, we relied on each other like true brothers. Respect to our enemies who put up an honest fight, made this era all the more challenging :slightly_smiling_face:

Not the cleanest era, but definitely the most fun (and depression to be honest) on BD I’ve experienced.

Good luck in future eras to all!

Rank

7 Likes

So originally GP had an op in Hawaii, and we at SE had moved the relics out of range of R, but not of Hawaii. R took Hawaii and then launched at our relics. Meanwhile a planter (that later joined R’s sub) attacked our hive in Antarctica, forcing us to relocate to Australia. We couldn’t defend the relics.

We were very devastated and we thought that we would lose 1st place. We managed to move 4 armies all the way from killing OOPS to SA, and we somehow managed to take the Hawaii op using the spams we had on relics before they were taken. Once the op hit full control ticks, we relocated a member to the op and rushed a bunch of units and sent them straight at the relics.

The missplay by R’s part was that they didn’t move the relics straight down out of range of Hawaii after they took them; they moved them sideways for some reason.

2 Likes

Relic story just for you. Sorry I wasn’t paying very good attention to tick numbers so they may be slightly off.

Tick ~1850: War was declared on R and sub by SE and S4. Shortly after, R managed to sneak the pacific island outpost that used to be owned by GP. This put them in range of our 2 relics in the middle of the pacific ocean.

Tick ~1860: A random colony “test” started spamming the SE hive in AA. As all our armies were far away, we had to relocate to Australia. Of course, this gives another jumping point to the pacific relics.

Tick ~1890: R manages to grab a hold of both relics (they had 5 full squads attacking while we only had spams), while I save one of my spams to luckily capture the pacific island op. This was the real game changer.

Tick ~1895: R starts moving both relics south.

Tick 1933-1935: I gain just enough CT to relocate my colony to the pacific island op (72 CT from when I relocated, and 24 CT on the island op), and start mass recruiting units before the first relic would fly out of range from the island op. Total 305 infantry recruited in 1 tick, and i spent the next tick placing them into individual squads. I split the infantry into 75 different squads (mostly ion bait) before launching a 24 tick attack onto the relic.

Tick ~1959: I capture the first relic. Meanwhile, an alliance member got a tbase set up in AA and I decided there would be enough time to let him take the relic for a top 3 placing.

Tick ~1970: Another attack is launched from AA (less units ~6 full squads). At this time, we learned that “test” also sent his full 25 tank squad army to the second relic.

Tick ~1970+ (no more exact timers as I was too stressed but these events happened in order):

• Test captures the second relic with his 25 squads. He arrives 4 ticks before the 6 full squads that we have coming from AA.
  • With 1 tick before the attack was going to land, we wanted to mass ion his squads on the relic.
  • We realized that test launched off the relic so we weren’t able to ion his units on the relic
  • BUT he launched TOWARDS OUR OTHER RELIC so we could ion the incomings.
  • When test realized, he turns. Unfortunately, we lose the 6 squads just from being outnumbered.
  • While that’s happening, my 75 (10 full squads) from the first relic are flying over to the second relic while my army starts flying to defend the first relic.
  • Test launches off AGAIN to the other relic and we mass ion that one again. Total ions probably between 30-40 during this time.
  • A bunch of ions and turns later, I manage to secure the 2nd relic at Tick 1998 (2 ticks before era ends).
5 Likes

By the way, @Simmen, are we being shortchanged by 150 blues here?

5 Likes

Simmen gave those 150 blues to me for posting daily updates :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey I participated in forum too. 50 blues is fine!

Btw glad to play side by side with SE :slight_smile:
See you when I see you all another time.

~KC

5 Likes

I didn’t send people tokens for posting on the forum, but because I sent out 150 to little to everyone in a top 3 alliance :smiley:

7 Likes

Simmen for the the next e4 , is it possible to have tick limits as a voting choice. Peeps feel like 2k is far too long for such an exhaustive speed

5 Likes

I would also suggest longer pauses - 8 hours per day is just way too exhausting, it’s like driving for 8 hours straight while trying to coordinate your team.

4 Likes

I suggest to have instead of having to play every day, have 1 - 2 days off per week where ticks are paused.

3 Likes

Also, I like to write these forum posts to give off the impression that SE was a well-organized and coordinated alliance. This is the reality.

Meme credits go to our in-house memer Danny!

5 Likes

You can’t plan on a 12 ticker rofl 5 minutes to use the potty, move your troops, move your spy, and tell your alliance you moved…yolo

2 Likes

Hit it right on @Angelwings! Usually we were just yelling at each other in a call with 10s left on moves to try to coordinate some kind of attack :smiley:

3 Likes

Always pee at beginning of tick.

5 Likes

I literally thought this so many times…

3 Likes