E4 Factions Round 2

Since CE is still a distant, if not improbable reality. Let us relive the glory (lol) of factions!

• Factions Event in December
  • No Factions Event

0 voters

5 Likes

Agreed, or at least run some kind of event to spice things up

2 Likes

I’m still in favour of same teams if we somehow are able to get last faction era’s actives of each team to play this one too.

1 Like

I vote Psi for leader pls

3 Likes

I vote Leo :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This game should be doing a special event a month or two after the last event ended. It isn’t very hard to setup and it’s a great service to the players.

7 Likes

Welp, 2 things.

1. I was attempting to do a different event in the near future (pending quite a few things though unfortunately)
  2. While factions is great, I also didn’t want to overdue and keep doing the same special events over and over. Otherwise, they aren’t really special anymore :slight_smile: We had the M3 unlimited team size event (which is close to the same, but not quite). Factions is a bit harder to set up as it requires some more manual aspects from us, however, if the want for it is there, can work to set it up.

As for the suggestion of the same teams though, I would say no. That’s how uneven teams would build up as not everyone would necessarily come back, or may come back with a different mindset from the last time (maybe they do or maybe they do not want to play it as seriously as last time). Randomizing is still the best option for such an event.

And of course, there’s still the matter of working out the kinks from the last time.

6 Likes

I think factions would be fun again. I will not lead this time, but would love to play. Also we do need to be doing more special events, and if possible offer medals that differ from the normal ones to denote a special era victory.

5 Likes

I see yall sneak liking shit, vote on the poll

3 Likes

@Alexander @Ilona @Malicewolf @Simmen @Cosmin1980 @Ash @adminjoe @Elcent what must we do for such an event to become reality

3 Likes

Yes to an event. No to factions again. It’s been done, there are many other events that can be tried.

2 Likes

what do you propose @Gaurav

How about a Zombie era that was ealked about

1 Like

just bring the fucking ce u tards -_-

1 Like

Zombie sounded like a great idea but I trust Malice has multiple ideas.

:relaxed: Thanks for the support (but honestly, multiple is a bit much). I’ve done so many its a tad hard to come up with too many more without changing how the game works.

But yes, Zombie is still one of the ideas I am working on :wink: But with some additional info I got a bit back, there’s still a lot to do for it to come to fruition.

1 Like

Why dont you share it with the community, and maybe we can help you perfect it, give us something to look forward 2

3 Likes

I feel like mission colonies haven’t been used to their full potential. What about an event era where you can only travel between continents with relics. E.g. blocking major pathways with mission colonies and releasing undefended relics in each continent tick one.

Another suggestion would be completely blocking off a content with mission colonies or coding it as water.

Simple map changes could be fun, and seem super easy to implement.

Just an idea.

1 Like

Used to do that tbh. But back when I was a player, not an admin. And something I’ve learned over the years is that many of the ideas when brainstorming simply aren’t do-able. So I’ve found it best to come up with the basis that IS do-able and then get feedback for the details on what folks would like (like tick speed, world, etc.). Otherwise, things get off topic too easily and sometimes, completely side tracked into another separate idea.

Wouldn’t be too hard. Even had some similar mention of something before. Just haven’t done it. Can easily be made to turn areas into “water” so folks can’t plant on it. Even played with idea of having map change mid era so that new areas to build show up and some areas get cut off.

Never thought bout a relic accessible area only though… That’d be… interesting, but could also be easily abused… so I’d be very hesitant about it. Sometimes it’s best NOT to leave it up to the community to “do the right thing”. M3 Unlimited was a perfect example of that.

2 Likes

An idea for Zombie mode is that as the number of Zombies increase, so does the alliance size for regular players. That way it can kinda turn into a enormous alliance war and then a valiant struggle to defend as the players slowly get decimated

3 Likes