E4 Factions Round 2

Yea but you got players sitting in the dark for too long, people are bored as hell, every era is getting worse and worse, throw some kinda event, doesn’t have to be big, just different. Make it fun, normal eras are boring only changes are the player size and the amount of crystals for breaking BOAT that people are getting sick of!

5 Likes

Well, I always have something different on my own little world on G3 :wink:

1 Like

Boi when they gonna let u admin a big boy world, we want malice for e1 pls

6 Likes

I’m sure I’ll be there soon enough :wink:

The main thing about big new events is, it’s hard to justify trying out something so different on main worlds. Why most are introduced on galaxy, and if it goes well there, will be tried out on main.

1 Like

The problem with that is that main worlds are abysmal rn. Everything is just farmed for boat. Like there should be no pretending anymore that BD is trying to attract new players and retain them. The game is declining and will continue to so why not let those of us that have slaved through every 3 am eot have more fun events till it dies

2 Likes

Sure, update it first

1 Like

The only reason i would play this game again is if they make a draft pick era with all participating players in the pool and 4 leaders to pick players 1 by 1 in a snake type draft

X Y Z O O Z Y X X Y Z O O Z Y X

Then roll dice to pick hemisphere of the map where your 50 members will be placing
(i think fantasy is best for these types of eras)

imagine 200 players, 4 selected groups of 50, and a fight on a split map

10 Likes

yes… just IMAGINE…

4 Likes

I love the idea of a pool of players having to play with one another all era, and not getting to pick their teammates…and not able to leave alliance and go to another…you are stuck with your team the whole era…would mix up the “BD clicks” for sure.

1 Like

How do you avoid friends spying for other friends?
You can’t and that’s why eras like this will never truly work out.

2 Likes

Make it 6 tickers so I can beat you again.

4 Likes

Well that sir is part of the intrigue lol…figure out who you trust and who you don’t…maybe add another twist of leader can boot players, but not add anyone in their place…and the booted one can’t join another team…

1 Like

So how many yes votes we need for this to go ahead?

1 Like

I have more to add, if this were to be possible, the alliance leaders would need to be predetermined and they would all need to agree on preset rules, such as not revealing themselves until teams are invited, and the invite should be totally random, they should agree not to ask people to plant and tell them who they are as this would ruin the idea, also these leaders should also agree on no battlehugs. And those interested in leading should contact malicewolf. No one could create alliance but those who were chosen as the leaders? Those choosing to lead should be good leaders, as it would be unfair to have someone who has not led before up against say 3 veteran leaders. Of course for this idea to truly work the chosen leaders would need to stick to the preset rules.

1 Like

Exactly. This is the biggest, and possibly worst, issue with such an idea.

But its also probably the best opportunity for the community as a whole to show if they actually care about the game (well it would be CE, but that’s too high stakes to expect people to not go all out scummy). I am sure the allure of such an event evades no one. Then it is up to the community to - at the very least - display the due diligence and respect required to make such an event successful. Granted there will still be some scum who will abuse their relations, but that’s just part and parcel of the game right? I mean, it’s not like such abuse is something “new” or it’s not happening (just look at the backstabbers thread).

4 Likes

Did someone say… f-factions…?

7 Likes

Many of the rules you mentioned were on the last factions event angel :slight_smile: Unfortunately, as i said before, things don’t always go as planned :sweat_smile:

And as G said, spies were simply a thing. And most just sat quietly in their corner never saying anything, but relaying info to other teams. Simply put, there was simply nothing that could be done about it. We gave leaders the ok to boot if they were sure the person was sabotaging. Making a new team required 999 energy (so no one could do it) and adding a new member required an obscene amount as well (forgot how much invites cost). Instead, we used coding in the background to automatically randomize players into a team at a designated tick.

Biggest issue is finding folks WILLING to lead, let alone a good leader. As you can imagine, it’s a huge task for anyone, even the best. Coordinating and leading 9 other folks is usually a daunting task, let alone 100.

One of the potential counters I had thought of was to have the admins plant as the 4 main team leaders and have them be figure heads (and only figure heads) for each team. But then that lead to potential other issues (like if folks needed to be booted and folks that simply think the admin will lead and bombard them with messages/calls).

But, i will say, it seems fairly obvious folks want another factions for the most part. I’d be happy to run an event, but with my limited time atm (cause we only have like 2 weeks before Dec) it’ll be hard to find potential leaders for it.

So if folks are up for it, please brainstorm here on ideas to get around finding leaders, or finding potential good leads!

5 Likes

Well first 100 player teams are too large. How about 4 teams of 30? Second, we have some seriously great BD leaders already who should step up and lead. I don’t know how to tag these guys but to name a few Ketan, Psi or Leo, Hero, Iceman, Senatus, Neutron, Stark, Crazytarget of Swat, Alexander, Burning Apollo, Ponka, PLO, oh and we can’t forget Antrax hehe etc. Maybe individually reaching out to these guys would help?

Also, maybe wait until January after all the holidays to hold the event. This is an extremely busy time of year for many.

4 Likes

Motherfucker give me a team and ill show the world an era

7 Likes

Ok malice there is one signup for leader, who else will step up?

2 Likes