E3 - The winner takes it all!

Dawners, here is your place to discuss the new E3 era… :slight_smile:

Also, I would like to know your thoughts about avoiding battlehugs and subs with the winning tokens for this era. Do you think it will have an impact?

6 Likes

A lot of the sub teams that play know they aren’t good enough to go for first anyways, so those players will be less active and wont really contribute to the game (which is good). Non sub teams may be less likely to take a knee since getting 750 blues for it is no longer possible. Seeing a team of two rivaling teams take second is always sad to see.

Yes there will be impact.

Note-there will still be loyal slave friends who help the mains… so subs can still have some impact as before

Thanks for trying something new…

8 Likes

Im a loyal slave friend if you ever need one Seaweed :wink:

4 Likes

I think its brilliant though may depopulate worlds if it isnt universal sadly

1 Like

I don’t play 3 tickers now but I used to…bd for years has had subs…and many subs play for the loyalty of their friends and not tokens. I think what you have to do is build excitement for the era by getting multiple teams to plant to challenge each other. Maybe reach out to the leaders of alliances and families who are known 3 ticker groups and challenge them not to bring subs but to bring 1 team. One on one sometimes is the best challenge. I remember when galaxy3 had that special era and Malicewolf was messaging everyone to bring a team personally on skype. Maybe post something in the bd mass chat on skype. Also, not sure if this is possible, but maybe the admin can build troops and move around spamming all teams. Wouldn’t that be a blast? No partiality just move around daily and spam teams…Of course leave your shield off for people to conquer you if they can…anyway just some ideas. good luck

4 Likes

neutron is playing with casper and MK in my alliance, CIH

if they lose they have no excuses so please motivate them to play their bests

thank u

J

3 Likes

i feel that “winner takes all” kinda demotivates some players who dont have reds to boost.
Because, lets be honest, to counter a boosting team, u need to boost urself too.

2 Likes

How does this prevent that? Already having tokens on your account is nothing to do with tokens you may win at the end of the era. So many people have built their entire BD career off helping someone else win… and now look we have eras where there’s 1 or 2 serious alliances.
This would help to improve that and it would hopefully improve the overall quality of players since they would be forced to rely on themselves to win, not 3 subs and more spammers.

6 Likes

I get ur point, but this doesnt “increase” competition, it merely limits it further down to those who are willing to risk it. Also spammers never have anything to lose. For some this may even be the best place to prove their loyalty since u would be working for them for free.

2 Likes

Ok… so then be willing to ‘risk’ not getting tokens at the end. That’s the entire point of playing, you dont always win. We’ve all lost thousands of tokens in eras lost before, does that mean I should never touch the boost button again in case I lose?
Its all up to how people want to play the game. Do they want to be a top tier player who will actually be invited to teams and who may win eras or do they want to be a prostitute who isn’t even getting paid?

5 Likes

why would you want to lose john?!?!

1 Like

You and i are totally different people. Youve won lots of era’s. I havent won a single era yet. So naturally I’d be rather reluctant to go for winner takes all mate :wink:

1 Like

Might give ya the initiative to take the risk and try win. Most have to face top alliances who have won loads to win, though was probably easier back when you could discover hidden talents among newbs.

2 Likes

We all started in the same place. It took me a year to get my first win and there were many lost eras before that, the game was much harder. I didn’t spend that time in subs helping other people win. That is how players used to learn the game

4 Likes

I took even longer for my first win. Although i played on and off and would take breaks for a year or so, it took me around 4/5 years before I got my first win.

No one ever taught me anything, no one brought me under their wing and became my mentor. I learned the game from getting my shit stomped in every single era I played in.

I find the majority of players nowadays are dependent on more experienced players in their teams to help them play well. They dont see the map a certain way and never learned how to play properly because they just get told what moves to make. Especially in this sub-heavy strategy we often see now, sub players never get very good because they are just the assistance, they are typically not relied upon terribly much in majority of eras.

Winner takes all eras might be a good way for those players to get their shit stomped in and learn a thing or two :smiley:

10 Likes

This ain’t gonna work man lololol

2 Likes

i take all ty.

everyone else please abbandon the era

4 Likes

I love how this chat is almost 20 posts in with no BRs or picture of the map or ranks or anything.

3 Likes

Feel free to start it off

1 Like

C’mon @AverageNoJoe I know you got it nigga

3 Likes