BD Families-Better or Worse?

SHRK probably had Heidi in it the one time Kevin was there. It was mostly WDH members that comprised it

3 Likes

Can’t remember, if I did I do not remember her in SHRK… It was mostly WDH members. I’ve played with Heidi once on E1 with Kevin and Renee.

1 Like

I dont like BD families , problems

1. Loyalty : Sometimes u start off an era and there is a guy who is doing great in your alliance and suddenly war comes and he is like “i cannot attack those people those are my friends”, now the era which was going great for u sucks , cause now u have a guy who is best scenerio useless worst scenerio might spy/stabb you for his family alliance. Totally hate these kind of family players.

2. Planters/hidden subs : These family alliance have a lot of players in there family who take turns taking vacations and going ftw. Now for when i used tolead i go to a server with 10 people and thats all i would have and then suddenly war breaks and u see random players and subs attacking even when u were nice to them all era. Actually sometimes they are so worse they would message u to attack the main alliance(being undercover ofc) even when u dont want to but then u see like everyone is going for it and u reluctantly say yes , they will use that message as an evidence to gangup on u with all their allies so now they can justify it all.

3. Demotivating new groups: Almost everytime war is over a peaceful newb alliance who was taking a second or third in their first few eras and forming a sort of bonding with other players will be destroyed so they can assure those spots for their helpers even though they promised that new alliance a peaceful era if they didnt took any side in the war.

Now this was from the point of view from an outsider who is trying to start his own alliance.

But as i spent almost a year on one of the biggest BD families a few good reasons to have them would be , they give u so many good memories of the time u spend with these families and the fun during eras u have and the feeling of fighting with ur BD brothers is just something which the fam members dont think can be replaced for anything.

Maybe everything is good if kept in a balance , right now BD needs those newb alliances with a few experienced players winning eras so those players stay and not get punched down by 20-30 players who love playing with each other. Easier said than done though.

15 Likes

1)I’m not sure how often this happens, but if the bonding between the members is strong than I hardly think this even a problem, infact it turns out to be fun fighting them.

1. Again I agree this can be a problem, however I have seen not just fams but normal alliances also arrange for jammers/spammers and suiciding might be more of a fam problem rather normal alliance problem but again not always is this true.

2. Bane I’m surprised with your 3rd point, I would anytime prefer an alliance of newbs fight rather than take a easy 3rd spot, a well fought era would ensure more strong bond and confidence amongst those newb players over an easy #3 or #2 spot.

Comming to Advantages.

One thing I really like about fams is that they take care of newbs, again this is not necessarily for every fam, some fam will only take pro to intermediate players in their fam while some fams will even take those players who are playing their first era.

This first time players get direction and guidance in a fam which they wouldn’t get otherwise and stop them from quitting. Many players simply quit after 1-2 eras after they start since not being able to properly understand what is going on plus the ruthless top players who hunt their colony as well as their op which they make from tutorial. Being a part of fam will save them from this ordeal.

There are both pros and cons of Fams depending on how the fam operates.

1 Like

i agree the only alliance i have seen that refuse to attack other alliances becase family member is in it is HTK

1 Like

Ive run into a similar problem with that so I have members I explicitly will never play with unless I am with their main group.

Just gotta know what people are willing to do before recruiting them

1 Like

I think this issue has the potential to wreak absolute havoc during the CE in terms of inside people within various coalitions. Lots of spicy stabs too no doubt

9 Likes

I think I’m late but I’ll try keep it short unlike you story mini malices

I think I’ve pretty much played with or against most big families or atleast in their subs and I can say with my hand on my heart that families are for the better of the game. But it all depends on the players within the teams u play with.

I say this because, Ive never actually stayed in any family when I started playing bd, I played with and against all. Hence why I got to know so many players and built long relationships with many players which has helped be become the player I am. It’s like building your connections up so you’re good later.

Which meant when I built my first family UnD(Underestimated) I had many top players join me even tho we had a rough time to start off with. Then later Rob TGM created T using half of my (prodigies) and half of his. We started by taking random players that were very active and trained them as best as we can. Those players are bigger and better players than me now. Rob and I made it that we would always have ATLEAST 2 newbies in our alliance every era that we’d teach, bare in mind we’d win these eras and not easily like u guys always make out we do, so those “newbs” learn a lot.
Knowing this, i can’t say families are bad for bd.

BUT I think a vital thing in all teams is that the players should have freedom. I encourage my team to go out and play with other teams and other families too, it’s BD, we are a community and if we don’t spread out and meet others we don’t learn or we just get bored and end up quitting.

BUT BUT BUT THIS means you’ll end up fighting your friends, which is also VERY VITAL if you can’t fight ur friends than this game isn’t for you. Saying that, the only thing I can not take is being stabbed by my friends or team mates lol. Then it gets personal. Apart from that everything is fine.

I’ve fought my so called brother(s) and sisters in BD. Also when it comes to events too, my team mates love to come straight for me to try prove a point, making it more fun. Long hard wars…trust me you don’t know how good your teammates are until you play against them.

I for one love figuring my friends because I can already imagine their reactions to all my moves, them trying to read my game and trying to suss out my next moves and vice versa. Personally it’s the best thing about the game until it get personal
But that doesn’t give you an excuse to lose to them wth noobs :slight_smile:

Ye I failed, in keeping it short :confused:

15 Likes

This could be a alternate version of little women :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Its very complicated to identify friends stabbing fam as every leader has its own way of handling but as the most i have seen , some of the leaders donot even want u to be in a team that stabbed the fam or worse they want u to tell them if they are planning to stabb like a warning. Now the issue is i try to be loyal to the team i join . Now if i come across that friend and my leader is planning to stabb my “friends alliance” , i can either ignore it and be loyal to my team while later seeing the wrath of my friends in other team or i leak it to my friends that my leader is gonna stabb which is like betraying my team.

So the definition of what the fam leader will consider as a stabb is very important.

So what do you consider stabb @trajic1 , is it a stabb when the person is the leader of the stabbing alliance or will be he considered a stabber as a member too if he didnt warn??

(kept it really short)

10 Likes

It’s all a matter of principle I guess. Firstly I’m not against my friends fighting me in a team that have stabbed me in the past.

I’d know to expect a backstab even though my member or friend is in there, it doesn’t change anything. As a matter of my own principles, it just means I wouldn’t stab that team first.

But me knowing my members and friends, most if not all would not allow there team to stab us. Once you join a family you gain too much respect to even think about stabbing them. Hence why NAPs are usually the way to go in these situations.

I mean you’re playing against your family because you want competition, so you’d want a fair fight rather than stab and cause bad blood.

I hope this makes sense, I’m half asleep lol

6 Likes

I personally hate the idea, its a game you should be able to have friends on both sides of a conflict without expecting them not to fight each other, each era brings a new team and your loyalty should always be with that team for the full era, saw a guy once before who had a rank 5 team in the OC that he led and to be fair back then rank 5 wasnt bad especially before token rewards for rank but anyway he left the team he led and conqd them to join the rank 2. I know that is a bit extreme but sure if your best friend is on the other team in a football game you dont just stand there and do nothing out of loyalty you play it as well as you can and afterwards still be best friends!!

5 Likes

going around families before choosing one or not is the best, but the longest in time and the most difficult if the person is impatient.

in the end a complete experience will be taken and satisfactory results will be achieved.

That’s what Gaurav talked about. And it’s the same I had.
I did not plan this method, it was just random.

Of course, there is the association of the player to the family when recruiting by another family, to measure reliability. But when there is the need to recruit the player profile with a reputation for reliability, recruiters can make an exception, if the recruit shows his arguments and motivations individually or through another person.

So the interest of associating a player with a single family does not count much.

I saw in the past several players of different reputations. They all ended up playing with others even in big competitions.

Playing with multiple tag families (the main + subs, depending on availability) gives several benefits:

1. Facilitates the communication of the profile of the player towards the others:
    because a leader will first take advice of recruiting the profile via another person.

2. Improve your reflexes to avoid gambling errors:
    actions and decisions are more relevant if the player has previously seen several errors in multiple situations with multiple teams.
    And for a future leader, I would say that it is essential.

3. The knowledge of several profiles is also an asset.

However staying stuck to one family is also a wise choice, especially for those who do not want to break their head in recruiting.

8 Likes

Someone mention HTK Family

5 Likes

Here, I will. What is HTK family?

6 Likes

HTK is CwL’s sub
When they win, they are pros
But when they lose, they say they are noobs learning or training or something
Confirmed by Vinci

12 Likes

Someone mention dumpster fire
FTFY

5 Likes

IK are also CWL’s sub correct? they seem to function the same way

4 Likes

FLUX used to be CwL’s sub but they quit after some Mars 1 and now Jessica is back again to continue her 7-1 streak

8 Likes

i will create new family who wanna joın (party)

5 Likes