Backstabbers and backstabbing

So, it has happened to all of us who have played BD for any length of time…that moment when one or more teammates backstab you. I personally despise backstabbing, and keep a personal list of those never to play with again. Number 1 on my list is CED who backstabbed SWAT on m3 many years ago…and I have not forgotten nor will I. With that said, what are your own personal thoughts on backstabbing and backstabbers?

12 Likes

Ya know, it’s kinda funny. As a player, I was highly against backstabbing and still am. However, as an admin, I LOVE seeing backstabs occur. Whether it’s a player or a team breaking a NAP, it almost always leads to something more interesting in the era occurring (cause it usually riles up the players in the team getting backstabbed and motivates them to play harder. But when i occasionally play, i still hold to my no backstabbing rule.

But even since i was a player, backstabbers weren’t too big of a deal to me. Cause i always planned for the worst, which included backstabs even from within my own team. But when I played, there were hardly ever any players who were online more than I was, so I’d always see them if they were doing shady moves and start countering it. But so far, i’ve never gotten surprised by an internal backstab.

9 Likes

Breaking a NAP or an era long ally is fine. Stabbing your team, especially an E3 team you created because you’re a bitch (@Praxis) is some bitch shit that only a bitch would do.

But for real though, i’ve played with a lot of people, and even Abdul never backstabbed me. Only person who ever did was Kael

9 Likes

People backstab and all, but that doesnt make it a reason for me to not play with them, because lets face it, all of us have stabbed at one time or the other. Also sometimes people are under a lot of pressure these days due to the fact that whenever u play , there are a lot of friends on ur enemy team. While that is not a justifiable reason to stab, but I can understand the insane amount of pressure that people are faced with, since I too have been there before. This is why, making a “list” of people to not play with is absurd, because as i have come to realise is that most “backstabs” are very much a single era thing, and if u give the other guy a chance, u will realise urself that no one can be classified as a permanent backstabber. there may be exceptions, but this works in general, atleast to me it seems so.

3 Likes

As a backstabber myself, Im against it personally. I despised myself and even stopped playing because of my betrayal. However, I do understand the motivation. I felt I was betrayed when I backstabbed, but the community showed me how I was wrong. But passions run strong, so those that backstab, I understand but i encourage introspection before you do.

2 Likes

literally why I make a new account every time I play these days. The meta-community is a bit too small.

Disagree 100% on this. Just go look at the thread Casper made.

4 Likes

i have played with Casper too…I think people dont play with him for other reasons, not because of stabbing

2 Likes

do I even need to say anything more… tf is wrong w you

7 Likes

If someone stabs their own team, their loyalty will always be in question. It’s a line that you have to take such a huge step to cross because it makes everyone always consider you stabbing your own team an actual possibility.

Stabbing and breaking agreements with different alliances is 100% different. Although you need to know who you can trust when making agreements with and who you cant believe a single word they say, you NEED to 100% trust them not to stab when not playing.

People who cross a line with me know they will be perma blocked and perma hunted by me (Gage). If someone stabbed within my own alliance, they would be treated in this same way. How can you ever trust someone who betrayed you in such a way, or have betrayed others in that way? Like Sakrie mentioned, Casper has a very bad rap because of team hopping etc. Your reputation is your lifeline in this game. Lose it and a lot of connections weaken, even if they weren’t directly affected by the situation.

Some people take it too far, like Ltara who will put you on the black list if you have ever broken an agreement/nap with another alliance even if LT wasn’t involved. But to say you trust people who stab is also too far :slight_smile:

However if you have a good relationship with the person who stabbed and understand if they were justified in doing it is another thing. Everything depends on relationships and maintaining them

7 Likes

Ahem…

1 Like

I generally try to get the information from both sides before i make judgements for same team backstabbing. But mostly its a no go for me Some players are pushed into doing this, however if the same team stab was cuase x and y were on enemy and the player was friends with them its playing blacklist for me as I cant know who are all the guys friends and how he will react if asked.

I really dont care if so and so stabbed x team while he was in y team but I do keep that in mind when a team with players particular the leader is known to backstab when making NAPs etc and just generally watch that team carefully during the era. I will personally play with the players thou as thats cool.

2 Likes

I’ll also put this out there. I have very seldom had internal stabs occur within my own teams (one’s I have lead). Hell, I’ve even had some individuals come and TELL me they were planted in my team originally, but decided they wouldn’t do it (or would leave and just be neutral instead of causing internal disruptions). Now, you may be asking, how? Because I always put my all into my teams. And I think players can truly tell when another player is all in and truly there to make the team work. When they see this, most won’t look to cause issues, even if that was their original intent.

Or as the old saying goes, kill em with kindness.

5 Likes

You obviously never played with crazytarget. He was the meanest alliance leader ever to his own team even. You either loved him or hated him, but signing up to play with him, you knew going in he was mean.

4 Likes

Boi, I didn’t even stab you wtf. Your still mad over e1? Lmao get over it princess and come back to your lover :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sowwwy about that :grimacing:

2 Likes

Heh, you weren’t the only one. It’s actually happened about a dozen times throughout my career

3 Likes

Do you know how to do anything but double or triple post? I swear to god.

5 Likes

You crossed a line even scummier than stabbing (Spam calling eot to try to prevent me from recalling to kill me for those who didnt know)

6 Likes

I see people who I know have backstabbed their team still get recruited and well let them on, its a game if your uncomfortable with backstabbing you will eventually have a few people you wouldnt trust to do or die in an era and know that you shouldnt recruit them and if your more mercenary in your thinking you will let them in and know that as long as you dont drop too much power in comparison to the competition you are most likely safe. I personally dont really care about end results of eras I just enjoy having a good team to waffle with during the slow parts of an era and yet still be able to focus and commit time during wars but there are many who are score/results focused and will always recruit those who they think are in a position to get the win regardless of their reputation so backstabbers will always have a place in the community. Also a big issue is that there are people using worlds as stepping stones to save up blues for future eras which will generally mean shady deals for rank which is also kinda funny to me but what can ya do.

3 Likes

ah 2 days must have passed. glad to see you back :wink:

1 Like