What music are you listening to?

I posted TNGHT here before (Hudson Mohawke + LUNICE, both well respected hiphop producers for /major/ artists), but tonight their 2nd EP is released. Their first EP was released over 7 years, 3 months, and 20 days ago… and (literally) founded the modern edm-trap scene. Article/Interview I am using as my source for why they are amazing and deserve attention.

Pardon the YouTube playlist but honestly the videos make me more hype with the beats of the music.

If you listen to any sort of hiphop related edm genre, you will be hearing these influences in the coming couple of years. They are the trendsetters.

I have old forum threads saved from TNGHT’s initial EP releases about how people didn’t get it or disliked it and whatever. But there’s no denying the influence these two producers have on their own, let alone when they come together. These guys are meme’ing music trends for their own fun. The first track SERPENT is literally LUNICE making sounds into a mic and them turning it into a jungle-sounding beat. The production skill is seriously unmatched by none (Hudson Mohawke is the producer on Kanye’s Blood on the Leaves).

1 Like
2 Likes

Kinda back, my daughter is asleep and my fiance reluctant to me being active but I’m here. So i have…

2 Likes

The track I blast when I know I’m about to kill some units of somebody >5x power of myself.

Not going to double-post, but this is my genuine music recommendation for the week. An Austrian music group, playing for (the best current YouTube EDM channel) a French channel, at a Mexican landmark. HVOB is legit, if they are ever in a city near you go to see them.

Also, I will gladly stan for Cercle as a channel. I am constantly shocked at the high-caliber names they get to do their shows at the most scenic locations in the world. It IS the new Boiler Room. My next post will likely be my favorite set ever on YouTube, produced by Cercle.

2 Likes

wasn’t a big fan of the TNGHT album, although this EDM mix you posted is really pleasant so far. Hesitant to call it EDM really since a lot of these instruments are real, but I love it a lot more for it. EDM as a genre is so stale because people use the same 20 plugins to make every dance track and once you hear it you can’t unhear it

Gonna recommend this mix, need to explore Elysia Crampton’s discography more but this mix is just full of amazing sounds.

oh and another song I think you’ll like pat, vaporwave gets a lot of flak for being a “lazy” genre but this whole album is wonderfully creative.

2 Likes
1 Like

chill af

1 Like
1 Like

This first link you posted I’m liking right now, saxophone is my weakness.

(I’m not a fan of vaporwave overall for the 2nd link)

E: Okay about 20mins in that first video really nailed it home for me. I’m usually not one for narration in a mix, but it worked really really well in that one (and I LOL’d at “during the 8th Google Wars”). Nice, weird narration with a deep, fitting beat. Would lowkey go crazy at a show if that came on.

E2: It went straight into another Elysia Crampton mix and I didn’t see until 20 minutes in, really like this overall. Will save and come back to.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s finally December, so now I can post Christmas songs… and Africa?
2 Likes

3 Likes

:earth_asia:

1 Like

Some music meme
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Proving very helpful for me while studying for my end Semester exams.

2 Likes
1 Like