What music are you listening to?

This prob my fav song on the album though

2 Likes

If you like acapella, Straight No Chaser is really good if you haven’t heard of them.

2 Likes

I’m probably very biased but The Blanks are very good too.

Edit: yes a self reply, but it was two different thoughts and while many might disagree, I felt the second deserved a second post.

1 Like

Opinions are opinions and those tracks are the only remotely redeeming part of JIK.

I personally can’t separate them out from the rest of the album. It’s a dumpster fire of forced lyrics and half finished beats.

I’m throwing the baby out with the bathwater on this one. Fuck a performer who is trying to claim he’s revolutionary and a free-thinker when he’s using tracks on his album to defend $200 t-shirts. He’s out of touch with reality.

In my opinion, I think Kanye made it into a “Gospel” album because he’s afraid of criticism and can hide behind religion and continue to claim he’s victimized by the media. It all feels so disingenuous to me.

1 Like
1 Like

it’s def not an album for everyone, that’s for damn sure. Maybe at a different time in your life you will enjoy it more :smiley: There are only a few songs that I personally just dont like on the album however I would have liked most of the songs to be like 25-50% longer.

To say this is a gospel album is disingenuous, even though the media was calling it so for a while before its release. It’s certainly highlighted by gospel music, but it’s core isnt gospel. Kanye has been speaking out about his religious beliefs for a decade and a half at least, so I think saying he is now just hiding behind religion to avoid criticism is more due to previously held opinions of of ye.

Either way im enjoying the album, hope he puts out another like it but more fleshed out in all the songs

2 Likes

Kanye literally described JIK as, “an expression of the Gospel”(source 1 below), and one of the tracks is literally named ‘Use This Gospel’. Get out of here with that “but the media” nonsense.

I’m sorry, repeating Hallelujah 40x in a track isn’t a “core in Gospel”? Naming a track “Use This Gospel” isn’t implying it’s a core in Gospel? Performing all of these tracks at “Sunday Services”? Next.

Yes, he’s always considered himself a Christian. But in late August of 2019, Nicki Minaj said in an interview that Kanye “told her he considers himself a born again Christian”. (Source 2 below). This would make sense, considering he wanted his production team to stop engaging in pre-marital sex (lmao). AND he continues to be the one forcing polarization of culture by stating in interviews that “Democrats are brainwashing black americans to abort children”. (source 3)

How is somebody who is “so religious” as Kanye so ignorant to Jesus’s teachings of humility and respect for the poor? He defends selling $200 tshirts as if Millionaires need as much as they can get.

He’s out of touch with reality, and not in the old-Kanye way. He’s been hanging around with too many rich people.

1 - JIK is Gospel influenced

2 - Born again Christian

3 - Blacks are brainwashed to abort

The cover of the album is a giant blue ball. Well, that’s what the album feels like as a whole after the Yandhi leaks (City in the Sky, Hurricane/80 degrees, Alien, Bye Bye Baby), a massive case of blue balls.

3 Likes

Ye still gets his nut, thats all that matters

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

2 years ago I had the fortune of going to RL Grime’s Halloween show in Atlanta, GA. Best show of my life.

Let me introduce you all to the most anticipated trap event of the year, the RL Grime Halloween Mix.

2 Likes

One of my mates introducted RL grimes Halloween mix to me on a car trip last year.
Best thing he’s ever done

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

this song is a masterpiece

2 Likes
1 Like