We are the lost souls

ok but have any of you really considered that people that keep coming back to BD are like lost souls that are not able to move on to the afterlife (become normal human beings/ functioning members of society) but they aren’t alive either (not real players. they just lurk, exist to watch servers, flame on the forum, but never active enough or motivated enough to put in the effort to complete an era. we might start an era but if there’s any resistance from other players or a need arises to set alarms and sleep very little, we won’t stand for it)

5 Likes

altho in my case its not fully that i’m not motivated enough for an era. I just work full time currently (including quarantine since i’m an essential worker) so i am unable to. but i still feel the need to come back on occasion

2 Likes

What about the ones that never left? Baka.

4 Likes

i guess you guys are still in the world of the living. you, ICEMAN, and T that keep promising to quit but never do, are basically emo kids that talk about wanting to die but never actually going through with it

2 Likes

people that havent left BD after all this time aren’t dead yet. but they are brain-dead AHAHAHAHA im too good at this

3 Likes

I can say I were emo when I was younger, then I found BD… Would it be a coincidence?

2 Likes

Functional human gang cant relate

3 Likes

This and the pm you randomly sent me on Skype, I feel personally attacked :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly I do kind of agree with that sentiment and it’s a good part of the existential-issues I’ve been dealing with. I mean, it’s obvious that everyone’s real lives are kind of up-ended right now for the most part which is likely contributing to a lot of the ‘returning players’ we’re seeing (CE + lockdown is a pretty good pull for people to see BD as an escape again). I don’t know if that makes people ‘lost souls’ for returning to an online-plane where they once were bona fide residents; you aren’t a ‘lost soul’ for re-playing any number of video games nostalgic to the individual.

However, ‘lost soul’ would honestly describe me (and a bunch of others I’ve talked to the past 2 weeks in/out of game) in BD these days. For various reasons we just don’t really have a concrete ‘why’ for playing besides “it’s there”. The past few days Iv’e realized personally that spite used to be my motivator; in the past I might have cut my own finger off to see someone lose a leg.

But these days it’s just… why? If I’m still doing the same things I was doing when I was a literal teenager then it’s very clear not much progress has been made in life as a person.

In the wise words of someone else, “Ain’t nobody got time fo dat”.

3 Likes

Sakrie hit with that deep shit
Honestly think 90% of the bd people including you just act edgy for the shits and giggles not really bad peeps

4 Likes