Optimal gate distancing?

Hi all,

Very niche question but is there a consensus on how many ticks each gate should be spaced from each other? If not what do you usually do personally as regards gate spacing?

4 Likes

i try to do 6 or less, onf smaller worlds like fantasy just fill in the gaps and make sure thye arent to big

4 Likes

just make sure its even tick distance. because an op 4 tick away will cost 2 e, but 5 tcks will cost 3.

Same goes for all. 11 ticks will cost 6, but so will 12 ticks.

6 Likes

Ok thanks guys, is that 6 ticks in terms of alliance movement distance or 6 ticks in terms of attacking distance btw Larry?

2 Likes

Attacking distance
I like to space out my ops either 6 or 4 ticks apart (attacking distance) as well.

4 ticks apart is really nice cause it’s the minimum for friendly movement (2 ticks) but a tick higher than minimum for attacking if that op were taken. But the ops can add up real fast, a lot resources. :frowning:

3 Likes

it is in alliance. If it was in attacking that would be much farther

1 Like

lol Larry the answer should be in attacking distance. Attacking distance of 6 is a alliance distance of 3

@Renton Near a warzone or in an area that might be attacked, the perfect distance is 4 attacking distance. This way if an enemy attacks eot, you still can match him while defending. And if they take an op in your network itll take 4 ticks to attack the next op in your network

7 Likes

lol, thats what i meant XD

2 Likes

I would prefer making a triangle (3 ops)
GNR (gate nuke radar) eta 3-4 from each other for a good strong connection
If you’re not serious or jw a tick 5 or 6 distance would be cool. (GR)

2 Likes

you mean three sets of GNR 3-4 ticks from each other? or legit 3 ops 3 - 4 ticks from each other? and why 3 ticks instead of 4, i cant think of any reason to not go the max distance

2 Likes

GNR then a 3 4 tick gap and another GNR

2 Likes

My rule of thumb when creating network (gates and radar) is that in my main territory, NOTHING should be outside of 3 ETA reach (attacking). IMO, there’s not really such a thing as “too many” gates. During war, it means the enemy will have to commit that much more resources to shutting your network down (unless you’re not active enough to hold them).

9 Likes

Finally, something I can agree with

1 Like

ETA 2 on mars.

ETA 3-4 on Earths/Fantasy.

2 Likes

heeeeeey energy :smiley: how are u

2 Likes