Fix Battle Simulator

It needs to be fixed. For the hp=1 option to simulate, lets say virus attacks, only is accurate for infantry. They should add in a half health option to simulate a spy attack on vehicles or tanks, which is currently unavailable. Its hard to figure out some attacks because of this.

13 Likes

I thought it was kind of charming pulling out a pad of paper and doing some math, but still your right.

11 Likes

Engineer life man
(20 characters xd)

4 Likes

you could make one very good BD sim.

like select a certain amount of units of all required types and give them custom HP counts / HP decrements etc.

same thing could apply to giving HP/D to units .

7 Likes

Best suggestion of all time ,

I think

4 Likes

calculating battle sims for unit xp and damaged units is an art form, keep the sim as it is right now.

6 Likes

Another suggestion for a feature,

If we open Battle sim from a BR, make the troop counts from the BR enter the sim automatically.

Also, “clear” and “clear and keep amounts” options to be separate for attackers and defenders.

Not really needed nor that big, just the little things tho :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That just sounds stupid.

3 Likes

just because you’re unable to do that doesn’t mean it’s stupid

7 Likes

I don’t mean it in that way, I simply mean that omitting a simple time-saving feature just for the value of the work to some players wouldn’t make sense. If it’s added you could still do the math yourself; meanwhile lowly noobs like me can save time.

2 Likes

He’s not saying to omit a time saving feature…

1 Like

1 Like

Oh lol. I thought you were replying to Shibu. Misunderstood.

3 Likes

I’m not sure which side on the fence I am and I hate to involve myself in feature discussions since it tends to change how they go, but I feel like there’s something I need to say for this and many other suggestions :::

If you were to time save everything, you’d end up just replacing the game by an intelligence test and a dice deciding who won.

Keep in mind sometimes the rough spots of BD are the charm of it as well, take the territory maps added some years ago for example. They made it a ton easier to quickly see who owns what.

They also took away the really cool maps players used to make, and many enjoyed making, often including some details on who is expanding where and arguments on who REALLY owns what continent.

More efficient and simple can sometimes be a big improvements, but they aren’t always without sacrifice :slight_smile:

@wanheda might be on the wrong side of this tradeoff for this discussion (or not), but try to remember the opinion is still very valid :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Id suggest adding option for r4 and r5s too :slight_smile:

4 Likes