First outpost being misnamed and not protected

I planted on a world. while still being in protection, i created an outpost. the outpost got named “[my name]'s outpost 5” instead of 1 or whatever the first outpost gets numbered. The outpost i created did not have protection as outposts usually do when created while in protection. one thing i will add is that after making my colony, i used a name change boost before making the outpost. is it possible that the name change affected the outpost that was later created in some way?

(also nobody even uses the advisors thing. why does it even exist? this isnt Civilizations smh)

1 Like

I’m going to test this for you, but I think you can only placed a limited number of protected OPs while under protection

1 Like

i only made one. hopefully that is within the allowed limit

i’ve messaged the admin of that world and will update the forum with their response, unless they do so themselves.

1 Like

Oh that might be a glitch then, but ye the OP will only be under prot if its the first placed

2 Likes

im gonna try it with a name change. that might have affected it.

1 Like

yeh i messed up not testing it with the name change, i should have

1 Like

just tried it, the first op has protection and is named OP 1. idk why mine was named OP 5. new thing im testing is if i disable missions will i still get protection?

1 Like

pretty sure you will

1 Like

It’s because you may have dropped a few Sat-scans. Sat scans are counted as op numbers so if you dropped 4 satscans before you dropped the outpost, it’d be #5

6 Likes

wait, so, my first OP would have no protection if i made sat scans?

1 Like

i guess so… ? this is news to me too. i’ve never dropped an op before breaking protection.

2 Likes

i’ll wait for Alexander or one of the admins to confirm or i will test it myself and tag your post as answer

1 Like

i tested it and made an OP after putting up 4 sat scans. no dice. i got protection. i maybe shoulda waited a few ticks in between

1 Like

So yeah that happened

2 Likes

Only noobs get protection , thats why

1 Like

its ironic that knowing how awful i am at the game, you dont consider me a noob. i deserve more protection than anyone else if it is actually based on skill level

2 Likes

Couldn’t replicate the no protection, op was still named OP 5 after 4 sats. I had waited for a few ticks after planting too. Odd

1 Like

Hello Kaen, I’m sure it’s a glitch like many of the other glitches we often see on BD these days…but I’ve been personally informed by Alex that BD 2 will be glitch free…that’s right glitch free…and if you believe any of what I just said…I have that ocean front property to sell you in the Mohabi Desert as well.

But truly I have heard that when @Alexander took over as CEO of BD that he put in a new noobiness meter…and looks like on a scale of 1 to 5 you are a 5.

Thank you for contacting BD customer service and have a nice day!

1 Like