Extention of CE ( 4000+ ticks )

The popular demand was in terms of wanting a tick limit poll and not just having the company pick a tick limit themselves. Unlimited ticks was never an option as both the owner and ceo mentioned.

4 Likes

Popular demand was having a tick limit
poll that didn’t even contain the popular demand option because the staff and ceo decided to ignore the community. Yes all that was stated in my post, G

1 Like

No offence intended to anyone here, but arguing for no tick limit comes across as desperate to me imo

If you cant win in 4k you cant win in 8k

Or 16k even.

Extending era limit would be a huge Fuck You to everyone who planned for 4k and has made smart tactical decisions to be winning at 4k (IE Neutron)

And not fair imo. here’s still half an era to go. It’s anybodies game. Go out there and take it instead of wasting time focusing on pipe dreams.

7 Likes

@NeutronX this better be a joke-

1 Like

hahaha @_Abdulrafayyy nice one lol. Don’t worry Guderian he’s joking. But here’s the big reveal :

He’s actually replanted with Milan’s old account middle of the ocean and is now playing as his own coalition ( not as a team or a player)

4 Likes
  1. Many of you are acting like this will be the last era ever. It will not be. It will be the final CE within BD1, yes, but not the last of BD in totality (except if we make the same kind of mistakes we did on CE2). Many of you seem to have forgotten that Michael was about 1 day away from literally cancelling CE2 and ending it immediately (around the tick 3500 time frame if i’m not mistaken). Luckily the community agreed to a hard stop at a later time frame, but CE2 was just a smidgen away from killing the game that I don’t think any of those currently advocating for extension/unlimited were even here for… Unlimited ticks was NEVER on the board for CE3. This was stated flat out at the VERY beginning. Everyone was honestly lucky to have even gotten to vote. The original time frame set for CE3 was 2500 ticks. Then it was decided we would let the community make a vote and popular vote would be done (within the limits we set up as mentioned above). If you read the topic with “unlimited ticks” poll, you will LITERALLY see that it was clearly stated it would NOT be an option.

2. We have not changed rules mid era in YEARS. This has been a fairly iron clad rule since Alex took over as CM. We’ve told people on countless era’s this exact thing many times. It’s NEVER fair to change rules mid game. It’s a complete slap in the face to anyone who was playing by the rules we set at the start.

3. I’m not making assumptions, I’m stating what it is you guys are asking of us (whether or not you think you are asking it). YOU are making a current assumption that this CE HAS to end in a bad scenario you won’t like right now (i.e. - a boring score win). You still have 1500 ticks (2 months) to prevent that from being a scenario. Why bother asking for an extension if there’s still “plenty of time”? Doesn’t that mean you have enough time? Am I supposed to greenlight unlimited extensions until everyone is satisfied? You have 4000 ticks to figure out your win strategies. You’ve only completed 2500 of it and asking for more? How much more do you think you absolutely need right now? Am i supposed to greenlight until tick 8000 right now? Double it when we barely made it past half the era? Perhaps you think 6000 is the right number?

4. I’m fine with having discussions. But the honest truth is, this ISN’T a discussion. It was stated on Feb 19th that it would NOT be up for discussion.

What i’ve been trying to help clarify is WHY it isn’t an option to go unlimited (or even to do an extension); IT IS UNFAIR TO ANYONE WHO MADE STRATEGIES/PLANS FOR 4000 TICK LIMIT TO CHANGE THE RULES MID ERA. Even if 99.9% of you said you wanted an extension, it is absolutely 100% unfair for us to pull the rug from underneath someone who did everything in their power to play within the rules we stated at the beginning of the era. And just based on this topic alone, I can say it looks much closer to a 50-50 for who wants an extension/unlimited era.

It doesn’t matter that it’s not tick 3800 right now. Teams have made plans for a 4000 tick limit and it’s not fair to suddenly make them change plans for a longer time frame. I DO NOT know diplomatic circumstances. For all I know, someone may have made a NAP with another team until tick 3500 knowing that they could hold that team off for 500 ticks (if they keep to their NAP). But maybe we change it to 4500 ticks. Now, they have to hold them for 1000 ticks. That’s not fair. They didn’t plan for that scenario and now have to revise. Maybe they try to go back and renegotiate and the team denies an extension. Maybe the team had every intention to betray in the first place. Regardless though, it doesn’t matter. The point is, folks made plans based on what we said were going to be the rules. And no matter how you look at it, it’s unfair to force those folks to change their strategy.

10 Likes

To everyone crying they need unlimited ticks. Here’s an idea. Stop running from every single big fight and hiding behind 30 tick camp walls. And maybe you’ll suddenly see that the best alliance will emerge naturally.

Crying that 5+ months is not enough to get 10 relics while at the same time running from every semi-balances battle is hypocrisy. Sorry but that’s the truth. I have played this game for the last 10 years and I NEVER needed more than 2500 ticks for a win or a clear loss. I won CE1 in under 2000 ticks.

So if you want a 10 relic win, take the big battles. Don’t be afraid to lose all army and rebuild. And if you can’t rebuild then accept the loss.

Otherwise at tick 4000 Many of you will Be sitting on 600 squads, lose anyway, and see everything deleted. Which is the worst way to lose squads in my view. Not using them

That’s it. CE3 will not be extended. If you want to win fight. If you want to sit and count your squads on your colony then do that. But don’t complain when you lose

Best,

D

20 Likes

Let me correct you on this. “The ones crying they need unlimited ticks” are not the ones that are “hiding behind 30 tick camp walls”. The ones not able to kill the “ones hiding behind the walls” are the ones crying for it.

1 Like

Well Atleast they are not farming multies or using 30 accounts Unlike a certain someone who was recently perma banned

2 Likes

Cheap shot, he was just correcting the guy lol

2 Likes

If CE gets extended, I vote for milan’s (ex?) girlfriend lawyer to make a case against gato :smiley:

im kidding btw

Edit: For context, I was browsing the MANY posts made around the time tick limit was announced for CE2. And one very important point raised by most opponents was that they would be going back on their promise and false advertising. In fact, many raised this point as the primary point. Do we want them to do that yet again?

2 Likes

Its the same story every time, people will do and say anything to get what they want. Human behaviour, it holds for everyone, even I want to see it happen my way just as anybody else.
But good thing we have rules which we can adhere to, something we all agreed to before planting, no one can claim ignorance as an excuse for ranting :slight_smile:

Listen to Cosmin guys :slight_smile: Die many many times. Spend many many reds.

Be sure to totally ignore the dudes with 8 OPs captured & less than 25 battles that are a top contender to win (and not the guy with 1k battles) just by sitting,building, and camping :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go declare war on those guys

2 Likes

G u ever want me to sleep or what broski :rofl:

Say what you want. I think most people want for the fight to continue and end even if that is above 4k+ ticks. Nobody wants afking an era to win. You might say to do better diplomacy. Why? Do you want to win by just begging and getting on your knees or do you want to kill as much as you want.
I wish this era would end where a team dominates and takes over the entire map.

1 Like

How hard is it to understand what so many others have said? You crying on the forum instead of fighting in the game is the reason the afking is winning the era. It all depends on the players. If you want to fight, then fight. If you want to cry on the forum while not actually doing anything to better your situation, expecting others to improve YOUR situation sounds like a dependency issue.

If for the next 1500 ticks nobody makes a move on ATOM and just sits in place while complaining on the forum, thats all on you. Maybe you should learn how to play the game?

2 Likes

If ATOM wins this era, it will be well-deserved. If someone manages to take the win away from them, it will be even more deserved.

Welcome to Battle Dawn. A game of strategy, tactics, diplomacy, and skill. Which currently ATOM shows they have and if anyone is able to take tbe win from them, that team has even better.

11 Likes

So ATOM outplayed the other teams or ATOM ,performance wise, did well enough when all the other teams underestimate them , even joke with their skill lvl and ended up failing miserably because of their strategic desicon making and diplomacy material?

P.s. The round isnt closed , 2months is a lot of time.

9 Likes

You’re catching on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes