Draft event Era 2019 (Start of December, https://forms.gle/yxEZrzPNB4b9pn957)

really good suggestion, just a simple “expected activity level” would greatly improve the overall draft.

3 Likes

I’m in :smiley:. I was on break when most of the past events happened, so really excited for this

3 Likes

I would love to do this properly… But This December is awful timing for me. I guess I will place my name down, but I will be playing at a low level… probably…

Can we take a vote on when this should start?

Also, I think when teams are selected it should be in a skype chat with all related players in it and a predetermined time, so we can all watch and cheer as players get picked.

6 Likes

A preferred start time wouldn’t be the worst option to include in a signup sheet. HOWEVER, it has been shown in the past that the sooner the start-time is to signups the more people play.

Disagree 100%. That would be an absolute shitshow. Maybe stream on twitch a chat of the leaders or something (OBS is easy to use, I used to speedrun Pokemon games and it’s not hard to set up a Twitch), but hell no to having it be a regular chat.

Honestly, I don’t know if letting people know the pick-order is a good idea at all… I worry about people exaggerating their future activity to gain some ‘pick ranks’ for their egos.

2 Likes

agree with specific time for the leaders. Everyone else would be optional, but would be fun to let folks see where they’re being drafted real time

7 Likes

I would love to stream it but theres nothing exciting about a BD draft. It will be done real time in a document that only the 4 leaders can edit while the rest can only view, the 4 leaders will be on call on the specific draft time. There will be a special skype chat for everyone taking part, where you can discuss real time with each other.

As for the timing, ive spoken with most people and it will be in start of december, when everyone gets a few more days off. 2 weeks should be enough to prepare and so far were doing good progress. Lets make as many people as possible play, activity level doesnt matter this is an all-out war just for fun, so i might pick an inactive player but who i know is going to fight all 3 teams together the 5 hours that hes playing in a day, just to set up a good example to follow

3 Likes

Start on new year please
And 1 ticker…

2 Likes

This event is filling up fast. If you have not signed up using the form, do it quickly. Otherwise you will all be left out…and that would be sooo sad.

1 Like

she’s actually not kidding we’ll have to figure something out if theres more people than predicted :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Capo ftw!!!

Let BD die in peace

3 Likes

Hell yes, sounds awesome. I’ll only be playing like 5 hours a day but i think the sheer amount of people could probably cover that

2 Likes

What does filling up mean? There shouldn’t be a max amount of players as long as it’s divisible by 4

2 Likes

we’re not doing unlimited sized teams, we’re doing a draft era :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah Gaurav noob… shhh :shushing_face:

2 Likes

impossible, I’m making a 5th team

2 Likes

Come on @trajic1 don’t be a bomb. Come play

1 Like

apparently there’s no space

1 Like

There are 7 spots open. Get Kirk and leo too.

1 Like

All are welcome to register for the draft, as long as youre willing to play with whoever gets picked on the same team as yours, if we get more interest than expected we’ll figure out a way for everyone to participate

2 Likes

Eww Trajic… put him far away from me

2 Likes