Battledawn v2 expectations

what is your expectations for the next version of battledawn?

1 Like

better eot management features such as a launch at 00:30 option, rework of the chasis bonus vs each other and lots of small changes to how battles work so we have an early race to figure out new metas and finally extremely comprehensive advertising on social media and youtube as sponsered content etc so we can actually swap out bots for noobs again!!!

2 Likes

Different in game mechanics would be nice

2 Likes

You stop logging into bd and forums would also be nice

1 Like

for me the game-play is good as is, but I’m totally down with the sponsoring and stuff.
so basically you want the game to be what it was like from 2010-2014, no major changes just more players?

1 Like

yeah that would be a good feature, remembering user credentials.

1 Like

I would say a revamp of the unit and battle system, at least in some form, would be a refreshing change. Looking at most of the current numbers, they seem so… arbitrary? Were this actually play-tested in the OC/ NC/ RC? (Genuine question, i don’t actually know)
Some the things that seem a bit random to me:

1. Chassis advantage:
    25% dmg bonus. Simple enough, makes sense at first glance even if arbitrarily chosen. Except, its a 25% reduction in defending hp, not an increase in attacking damage. That brings it to a ~33% increase in attacking damage. Somehow feels a bit less “nice”. Especially in conjunction with the next point.

2. Unit “ratios”
    Inf: Veh is 1:2. But Veh:Tank is 2:3
    Why do tanks still receive the same percentage of debuff that vehs receive against inf? Seems to me this could’ve been easily resolved if tanks were equal to 4 inf?

3. XP
    Inf are more in number, AND require more xp/unit to level up? And why almost 20% more? This especially I can’t help to feel was not play-tested (Could be wrong).

All the questions I asked are out of genuine curiosity. Please correct me on them if I’m wrong. I can’t help but to feel the values are not “balanced” and might actually see if I can find an objectively better chassis (provably, not intuition).

3 Likes

i can agree with some of the things, and yes the battle system has been the same for like 12 years.(as long as i remember)

1. I can agree with you on this point, but this is why choosing the right chassis is such a critical thing which would make you think of backup plans.
  2. That’s an additional reason why vehicles have an advantage on tanks.
    But let’s say tanks make 4 inf, and we are building 3 squads for each type of unit of the game, a regular squad where tanks make 3 inf(2/3 range and 1/3 armor) would cost 5k metal for each squad(same cost). While if tanks where equal to 4 inf, your three squads wont have the same values, the tank squad would fit 7.5 units which is impossible and would differentiate the cost because you can’t make half a tank and you don’t want to mix your army if you’re making tanks. To make that change they would have to redo the squad capacity and this will affect on other mechanics of the game and all the players are used to the old ratio.
  3. i believe the xp is calculated for each chassis to get upgraded to the next level.
2 Likes

Reported for online abuse :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s alright man, maybe this makes him feel like he’s tough.
I’m not bothered by flies anyway.

1 Like

My overall point was that the values for some things seemed randomly chosen and not play tested. And that the system is stale. You said it yourself, 12 years. Pretty hard to find games nowadays that don’t have balance updates in 12 years.

Lmao exactly why I posted this on expectations for BD2, not what I want changed in BD(1). Its a new game, try to change something at least even if you keep the core gameplay the same lol.

2 Likes