What music are you listening to?

man that was a nice run of music from the Lord of the rings, you BD players make me proud sometimes

1 Like
1 Like

CE3 Announcement bois :pensive:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’d like to present to you all a modern legend in the making: Partiboi69. What happens when somebody with legitimately good DJ mixing skills gives 0 fucks? A revolution.

I’ve listened to a lot of techno/electro/house live sets, like a lot, it’s what I listen to. Partiboi69 is legitimately skilled at transitions and pace, plus the memes are dank. Who else has a New-Balance bling necklace and a POV cam in their DJ sets they do from a bathtub?

Not convinced yet to convert to the religion of Partiboi69? Just watch his dank dancing abilities in action. Oh yea, did I mention yet that he legitimately throws down hard techno that forces your body to groove?

Seriously, if you like EDM I dare you to listen to 5 minutes of each of those mixes I linked. You’ll groove. I don’t endorse things like this without merit.

In case anyone out there likes electro/hard-techno type stuff and I’m not the only one this is actually my favorite mix:

2 Likes

no but really, click it.

LET ME IN IM TRYNA FUCK 2:20

2 Likes
1 Like

Paying tribute to one of electronic music’s greats, Andrew Weatherall. This week’s BBC essential mix is a replay of the 3rd EVER essential mix, all the way from the year 1993; a mix 1 year older than I am. Andrew was a foundation of the acid-house movement and his influence still echoes in the house and techno scenes today. Seriously, this entire 2-hour mix still sounds contemporary, yet with an early 90’s vintage core, and artistically pieced together with seamless transitions between contrasting beats. The entire 2nd hour is high BPM, grooving you out of your seat. I would rate this mix in my top-5 essential mixes all-time.

Theme song from the best show I have ever seen.

The winner of 2014’s BBC Essential Mix of the Year, Caribou (also known as Daphni, same dude), is back again for this week’s mix. It’s an instant classic again and fairly accessible electronic music for a ‘normie’.

I would introduce my best friend, my mom, an academic advisor to “what I listen to” using this mix in a hearbeat. I have never listened to a more “makes everyone groove despite their interests” mix, like really. The entire 2nd hour slaps, and yet there aren’t any actual bangers. Please just listen.

This guy is an ‘artistic’ type usually. I did not know he can slap. How can he slap?

started this and its kinda interesting, not about to devote 2 hours to it but usually listening to good mixes never disappointing.

been really into this aussie 90s rave mix, full of a lot of slick bangers that make me feel like I actually like EDM again

you should find actual music discords/forums (like what I do) since this community is really lacking in any sort of ““good”” taste.

I honestly think any community dedicated solely to music is going to end up circle-jerking over the same stuff and gate-keeping things that are ‘different’, it’s just the nature of the internet. /r/electronicmusic is probably the best of the reddit groups since all the sub-genre ones are gate-keepy as hell. I just like to spam my stuff here.

1 Like

oh I agree with the circle-jerking aspect, but I think once you have a good community going that goes beyond just pure music discussion it can be really rewarding and if you encourage sharing you’ll be able to find music that you’d never even thought about. I like some of the music communities I’m in for part of the same reason I like(d) this one. came for the game, stayed for (some of) the people around it. Obviously the right people make a huge difference but you know enough about your specific genres I think to be able to find a niche and add to it.

oh and if you’re starting with reddit as your basis you’re doomed to fail from the get-go.

here’s a song from one of my favorite artists to keep this on topic :^)

1 Like