So here is a solution to the tedius camp mechanism

Might as well make nuke destroy structures as well then when they hit an colony and kill all the workers(that’s a missile man)

2 Likes

Camp walls are just a part of the game, the strategy of making an impenetrable wall out of them came from the community, unlikely to have been thought they’d be used for that originally. Similar to how people XP hunt with agents, and nukes; camp walls are just another mechanic that the community “abuses” for gain. Tbh, it’s not hard to get through a camp wall if you do it right. Tons of nukes, spams, and determined searching for holes, and you’ll push through. Those against it are just upset because they got bested in a winning war.

Suck it up buttercup, it’s a part of the game and whining about it wont do you any good.

3 Likes

Nah, i agree, it became a mechanic, and it can be “dealt” with. But you’re highly underestimating the difficulty of breaking camp walls. There doesn’t have to be anything ON a camp wall to keep it there. Or sit your actual spy there, which cannot be killed and it’s a permanent camp you never have to worry about ever again. If a team is dilligent enough, they can permanently keep a camp wall up and prevent a team from ever breaking it using delayed ETAs. Sure, it can get confusing eventually and a mistake might be made, but it could also be literally impossible to break. If the camp wall is long enough, they can make it so you could never hit the delayed squads b/c your ability to attack is too far away. Hence, this would make it impossible to get rid of the camp wall. You could invade via a relic, but once again, if the camp wall is long enough, then that forces the attacking team to very slowly have to try to avoid a rain of nukes coming at them and keep hold of the relic while moving forward. Not impossible, but the difficulty level is higher than you are letting on. The only saving grace here is that relics don’t get radiation.

As for Aaryan’s statement, yes, that’s technically true. And truthfully, I wouldn’t mind that myself. It would prevent folks from jumping on the frontlines with their colonies so willy nilly. They’d actually think twice about doing so now if a nuke randomly unleveled a structure from being hit (maybe set so it’ll only undo level 5 or something so it doesn’t get completely abused). I’m all for nukes being more powerful tbh. They are practically useless now against an active team aside from trying to clear potential traps and frontline network.

5 Likes

You take that back! It’s the best strategy ever and I love how it spits in the face of conventional ideas of strategy!

3 Likes

It’s the only move I’m known for!

2 Likes

I don’t mind camp walls as a strategic defense system. Issue is because of the “attack on delay” mechanic today they are abused to the point where it promotes negative play vs positive one.

So for BD2 camps will only remain on the map if they have squads on them. Once an outpost is razed all agents on it will he disbanded and any incoming attacks or movements to that camp will return to origin.

This way if people want camp walls they will have to actually defend the camps

11 Likes

It’s a shame, bd made relics moveable objects, for what purpose? Put a good use to relics, hover over the camps and voila, camps are useless :slight_smile:

Takes a relics and hold it next to his colony all era. Might aswell roll it back and make relics attached to colony. Noobs everywhere

2 Likes

Lol at the people who think a camp wall from good players is breakable. If youre not in nuke range of the colony/ies supplying the spams in delay, its unbreakable

As for relics… idk the camp wall still persists even if a relic gets through

Once again, it’s possible, but when they move at half the speed of a squad (especially against something like a 30 tick camp wall) then I can understand the frustration. Especially when it’s up against a good team and the win factor involves the only item that could break said camp wall. To use a relic in CE3 to break a camp wall up, it’s a 100% make or break move. Cause if the invading team fails, then they also give up their relic to the other team and essentially hand them the win at that point. The only way a massively coordinated camp wall is going down is if multiple teams on the world decide to use their relics simultaneously to invade. In the case of CE3, folks are out for themselves (which they should be), and thus, won’t trust sending in all their relics.

So in 1 way, it’s great that you can defense up like this and turtle as it’s normally very very hard to play defensively in this game now. The issue is, there’s no real valid method to break through it considering the circumstances currently.

Granted, the issue comes up once in a few years. The last time I heard a true complaint about camp walls was CE2… which I also complained then about the issue. And back then, launching a multi relic invasion was the solution to breaking it. But it also was due to the fact that the era was unlimited time. Folks knew they had the chance to continue the fight after if they wished by helping each other out to invade. In CE3, there’s a time limit. So if they fail to break it, then they hand over the win, or have to “choose” a side they’d rather have win in an arms race by handing over relics, crystals, conquers, etc to the side they want to win near end game. And that imo, is a shame for such a grand era to come down to something like that (which I hope it does not).

2 Likes

Nukes should level camps and in any squads in flight to it, they should die if not turned in time.

I wonder why all these people are suddenly complaining about camp walls

6 Likes

^ because the last time it was an actual issue in the game was years ago.

What about an upgrade camps to outposts option? 24 control ticks on a camp + 1000 metal, 500 oil, 10 workers would let you turn camps into a regular outpost at 0 control ticks, the same way a TB upgrades.

1 Like

Moe dont be a troll, this is not a post for reasonable suggestions

1 Like

That’s not necessarily a bad idea actually. He’s saying that if you TAKE the enemies camps, they don’t care atm, bc they can keep it a camp and the enemy cannot attack from a camp. So they don’t mind. BUT, if the enemy can change a camp back into an OP, then they’d actually need to defend the camp, not just keep the camp a camp. So in actuality, it’s one of the better solutions that’s been suggested (though… the cost seems a bit ridiculous as it costs more than building a normal OP lol). If anything, just have it be a potential upgrade for the cost of a regular OP after 24 CT (full CT).

This would allow for the attacker to then slowly push their way into a camp wall and force the enemy to actually worry about defending the camps.

7 Likes

I think that making a camp delete if there are no units on it a not so good idea because you could just machine-gun inf spams onto the camp to force it to stay. At least they would be actively wasting metal to keep the camps up in this case

2 Likes

And oil! imagine how terrible it is to lose 1500 oil per tick just in order to keep 100 camps alive. you sould need 200 squads to substitute each other if you dont wanna waste metal

I wouldnt wish this to my worst enemies. Stop with this trolling :slight_smile: I created a monster :open_mouth:

1 Like