Petition for a "half ticker"

i dont understand u guys lol…Whoever doesnt want to play , for godsake dont plant! as simple as that! you dont have to play it if u cant spend the time on it. there are others, including me, who would rather prefer half tickers

2 Likes

why does everyone act like the world would have to have max ticks @ 1.5k or 2k? They could always lower the max ticks, resulting in shorter length of era.

4 Likes

I like this idea of maybe max tick of like 1k which is 83.3 days max. I would play the shit out of this and I know many others would. Might be difficult on Earth being so big so:

1)Put on Fantasy/Mars so the 1k ticks can make sense on a smaller map
2)Put on Earth and the winning alliance wont always have all 10 relics

7 Likes

Its not a matter of not wanting to play, its a matter of real life taking precedent over a game. I was on a 3 ticker just watching and missed 3 days because my daughter was sick. I went from a couple relics released to countdown to havoc. That only takes a month and a half or so to play. multiply that by half a year. And thats lots of RL things that can happen. And as someone with grown up problems and stuff, once it became clear I couldnt win/place; Id stop playing.

@SlaughterHouse the game itself is built around those max ticks. Im not 100% sure but I would imagine retooling resource generation and flight times for a single server would not only be a lot of time, but not worth the money for doing

1 Like

i dont think ur grasping on the fact that we want half tickers because it gives people time to manage real life and the game. i dont get ur logic at all lol! You miss out on lesser things if u go inactive for 3 days on a half ticker than a 3 ticker man! what are u trying to say??

2 Likes

I’m trying to say. Over a year period, RL things will pull the player base you’re aiming for away for a multitude of reasons. The ‘Half Ticker’ is aimed at adults with real life problems. But extending and era over half a year or more, the real life problems will take them away from the game more than they could probably play. And each time that RL problems take them away, the less likely they are to come back and finish that era.

edit: @Cool_Dude123 I think you don’t understand the basis of my disagreement. It’s not against the concept of a half tick server or another server in general. It’s that BD as a product (which however you feel about it, it is) cannot support and sustain a half tick server. BD has already culled a bunch of servers. It adding a half tick server will most likely cost it more money than it will gain. I have no financial investment in BD nor do I know its quarterly numbers. But I seriously doubt they can build a half tick server viably for the player base BD has at present.

Edit 2: Before anyone asks about it. I am an Assistant Store Manager for a global corporation. Why do I think in terms of viability and comparative cost? Because my store is always at the bottom of the list. Our location F***s us, so I have to try and engage my team members to keep our sales up enough so we don’t get closed.

Tldr: BD opening up a fan service sever; will hurt rather than help. And at worst destroy BD altogether.

2 Likes

funnily enough id still get caught slipping

3 Likes

Don’t you think maybe you’re assuming a little too much?

4 Likes

Exactly what i felt when i read it

2 Likes

People with “real life problems” typically play 1 tickers. And there are plenty of people who play the 1 tickers when its an exciting era or pretty regularly. A half ticker just expands the possible range of people who are able to play the era.

Your argument is true for literally any tick, meaning its not an argument against a half ticker.

Completely not true. A half ticker is for people with either jobs or a lot of college work. People with jobs are far more likely to spend on an era.

This is laughable lmao

3 Likes

I support this and excel suggestions, I also forward drop max ticks even more to around 750, and admins give more res bonuses to cover up for lost time, I feel this will be very successful, and @Lord_Odisious, if you hate the idea so much, dont play it then, simple. The vast majority of bd players when asked about this do want this to happen
at worst if its a dead era then it will be no different to many other eras that already currently happen constantly.
Another reason for short time frame is so then it forces people to take more risks in an attempt to secure wins over ties AND even if the first few eras are ties it will encourage more people to plant so that they can break the tie(many people will get friends to drop) which is also good for the game.

I see no major cons o this idea whatsoever except some people just trying to play devils advocate

2 Likes

i would play a half ticker

2 Likes

Alright, I’m clearly in the minority. Open up the server, I sincerely hope it succeeds.

Edit: @Irrational Please read all of my posts. I don’t hate the idea, I’m just afraid its doomed before it began.

1 Like

max ticks can be changed last i was aware. im sure and admin or @Gaurav could enlighten us more on the subject.

2 Likes

Yes Max ticks can be manually set

1 Like