Petition for a "half ticker"

After being a part of this game over all these years i have reached a time where i have moved my priorities to having a sound sleep at night over all the adrenaline rush of gettingup at 3 am to attack or move squads. Its also one of the reasons i try not to pick a fight with rank1 and just sit on sidelines and enjoy watching a good war for most of the duration. also i feel this isnt just the case with me but also with a lot of other ageing BD players who love the game but dont want to return cause they think they wont be able to commit to eras where they will be needed to move constantly every hour and might not be able to give time to their family and other priorities. So a suggestion which may or may not work but i find it worth trying , a server where a tick passes every 2 hours instead of 1 which makes it easier for players to get a 5-6 hour sleep and no need to be online every
hour (not tick ) during day time.

again saying it may or may not work , but i feel like worth a try ?? and i myself would love it to happen on an earth map

• E4 as 1/2 ticker i am in
  • Nope

0 voters

4 Likes

I actually really like this idea. I am one of those aging BD players, and I need sleep more now or I get sick easier. I would definitely try it.

10 Likes

I like this idea it even supports all those young bd players who have school/college etc.
They can focus on their studies, have a sound sleep and also play the game :slight_smile:

11 Likes

The point of this awful game is to either be able to outspend, outmulti, or stay awake longer than your enemy. There is no room for real life, strategy, or skill!

2 Likes

uh huh and somehow we are addicts. lol

2 Likes

I really like this, not just as a CE era but in general. Would definitely play it, my activity levels aren’t ever too great because I’m a big sleeper (lol) and I study…

6 Likes

Half ticker? Half a year eras? No thanks

1 Like

why not , most of the people who would want to play this will be mostly for convenience , addiction and nostalgia , and it will be only 6 month long era if it maxs tick in that case it will be one hell of a fun era with lots of ups and downs which noone would regret playing. and in any case they can increase the reward to make it worth the time spent.

5 Likes

As much as I would like to see E4 return, half tick worlds have been tried before on the original client. The era (note it was a single era) was won not through strategy, but attrition. Most players had become inactive long before relics were even released. I understand and commend your sentiment, that many BD players have real life lives now, BD can’t support a half tick server: Even in its prime.

2 Likes

im in on this, i would like to try it. Its a definite possibility that it would get too boring however worth a try.

4 Likes

Maybe there is an option so the era doesn’t get boring?
Maybe we receive more income each tick???

6 Likes

what if relics dropped at start of era too…that way they could be taken quicker.

4 Likes

I understand, but that would only encourage PTW players, not players that have real life problems. In the RL day or so that it takes to build most of the buildings and units based on how base building works and speed training units. Those with even a decent credit card [either their own, or their parents] would unfairly dominate a half tick world. Not to mention my previous actual problem that happened of people quitting long before relics were even released.

2 Likes

How exactly? The resource accumulation rate (per tick) would be the same as in any world, even taking into account boosting since the cool downs would be scaled. In fact, this world would have even more resources since wreckages and daily boosts are the only tick-independent resource, and a tick passing every 2 hours would mean 2 wrecks per tick, and a small amount of daily boost res every 12 ticks.

6 Likes

:smiley:
20 charsssssssssss

1 Like

Even a one ticker would be too fast for me to play these days. I’m in college and this requires I study for several hours consecutively for information to just sink in (I’m a slow learner…). A half ticker would be good as this would allow me to check every one hour and a half which is enough time for me to balance my real-life obligations with the game I love the most.

I think it’s worth the try. Voted yes.

5 Likes

If you would have been a lvl 3 you would access to certain topics and posts which would be a easy telling that one is lvl 3. Also your profile says ‘member’, if you were lvl 3 it would say ‘regular’.

1 Like

so y’all want to play in an era for possibly one half of a year? jesus.
i’ll take seven 3tickers instead :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hell yes, I could actually play on times other than summer and break

1 Like

I disagree. Early game involvement would be phenomenal but keeping all those players engaged for over 5 months? Not going to happen, sorry.

Edit: I disagree on principle, not your logic. I have a rl job and a daughter. Me checking into BD is sparse at best. But building an entire server on that and making it viable. BD just cant do that.

Edit 2: My posts probably make me seem I’m against a new BD server. That’s not the case, I’ve just lived enough to realize what our wants and what a product can provide will never be the same. I want another E4, but a half tick server is not viable commercially.

1 Like