Opinion needed. Protection on relics. Yay, nay

I’m personally a big fan of this kind of drop. Plonking a relic on the border between two or three big alliances, or right in the middle of war is exactly the kind of thing that I think makes an era extra spicy.

5 Likes

Of course you are…jump on the Joe band wagon…ha just kidding… it does make it a tad interesting to be honest as you have a choice to make…stop the war and lose ground and chase relics or keep slugging and deal with the aftermath of relics later…Joe has also been known to throw super units on relics…where a couple of people die trying to take one…myself and Lady Cathryn one m3…….

2 Likes

I’m kind of surprised here, anyone who is a battle lover, will always enjoy when the admin won’t auto release the relics during war but place them strategically one by one manually at the frontline, however it is responsibly of the admin to make sure there is an equal shot at the relics for all the involved parties.

What is even more surprising to me is that Joe has started doing this.

3 Likes

Was it plo or someone else I don’t remember, but that player simply quit the frontline to solo the relic and ended up suiciding on relic. :joy:

4 Likes

Yes the PLO special

4 Likes

Joe has been known to do this many times over the years…it’s something many know him for doing…Joe can be a pretty devious admin…especially during big wars…I’ve seen him do all sorts of things in the past not just with relics…I’ll never forget the time he popped in my alliance chat when I was in SWAT to watch a huge battle take place that our team was involved in…sadly my team died…but was cool to have Joe watch it with our team.

3 Likes

no need to go all harry potter on this shit @EnerGY :’)

7 Likes

last e3, we got a relic with a spam LOL…it for some reason had no units defending it
(or maybe it was a R50000 spam unit or somethin)

1 Like

Admin forgot to put units on one of the relics last era

1 Like

Alex released relics with protection on almost every E1 , noone complained or probably noticed a diffrence , E1 had a lot of competitive and dead eras in that duration.

ILona : Lets talk if to put relics under protection or not during release
everyone gives their opinion
02 weeks later still undecided :wink:

1 Like

Sometimes that’s done on purpose :stuck_out_tongue: It makes grabbing the relic easy, and when it has crystals on it, lots of folks get tempted to grab it, even the one’s not in the top rankings.

1 Like

Uhh, I dont want to influence this debate, but i’d like to note I only protected relics without anything else for maybe 1 era. For like 2 or 3 era’s though I did do an event were relics couldnt move, were divided amongst the top 10 alliances upfront (1 for each) and were protected etc.

Stuff like that I really liked, I didn’t generally only protect relics because I didn’t notice a difference from it… I kind of didn’t see the point if players didn’t seem to react to it one way or another.

4 Likes