Draft event Era 2019 (Start of December, https://forms.gle/yxEZrzPNB4b9pn957)

Ok so I have sworn to quit this game forever exactly 13 months ago and I haven’t touched it ever since, but I’m willing to change that for this idea.

We have a chat consisting of 556 different BattleDawn players, and an average after asking 5 people if they want to play is 0.2
What if 4 out of these 550 players could lead more than 20 people, and 100 out of these 550 people provided us with their usual IGN and their Skype name?
We make a pool of 100 players who are going to get picked 1 by 1 by these leaders in a snake like draft :

X Y Z O O Z Y X X Y Z O O Z Y X

Then roll dice to pick hemisphere of the map and each respective 25 players have 24 hours to place in the selected hemisphere for each team.

About the map, I don’t think we should do this on Earth again because it’s an awkward map for a game like BattleDawn, west will fight each other and the winner will fight whoever won east. Mars is way too small for the quality of the wars to be healthy, so I think we are stuck with the map with the most creative background details, choke points and fair placement, which is Fantasy (no events that I’m aware of happened in Fantasy before)

About the tick speed, 1 is the fairest but we’re not looking for a slow and serious world
3 is the fastest pace of war which is most exciting, but brings more problems from the fact that the inactives have more power in hand through gathered resources during the time that they weren’t playing
I think we should play this on a 2 ticker, which is a mix of both (no events that I recall were 2 tickers, but we can work this one out later)

Now I know there’s a lot of issues with any idea that can be worked around this game, but if the leaders, and most importantly PLAYERS are willing to make this a FUN and fair event with no real reward other than bragging rights, we are the power, we can make it work between us. I am personally willing to forget every single past experience with every single person including the admins and just make this one work out before I completely give up on the game.

Whoever is interested in playing an interesting era, (PLEASE) paste this thread link to every single BattleDawn contact that you have, retired or not, Skype or Discord, dead or alive.

Wholeheartedly, Capo

If you want to be part of this, this is the registration link:

Glad to inform that within half a day, we have a total of 70 registered players that want themselves drafted from the player pool:

21 Likes

That’s what I said. My mental-exception was “on my own time and terms just for fun”. You know you are already back if you are posting :stuck_out_tongue:

We have a chat consisting of 556 different BattleDawn players, and an average after asking 5 people if they want to play is 0.2

I’m lol’ing at these statistics. That massive chat is absolute cancer and a good 1/3 of the active players aren’t in it. Only 1 person said yes in your sample xD

Joking aside, your layout makes sense (Fantasy, 2-tick); I am biased because Fantasy was my first map I played seriously and miss the massive wars there. I like the idea of eras where it allows people of different “backgrounds” to meet and play together. The last faction event with Game of Thrones was a little bit too much of a massive shitshow, though (which is still fun in its own way).

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea to me !!

1 Like

why be negative?

1 Like

Shhhh I was editing it to be positive :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m genuine in topics that are meta-BD.

1 Like

would play, upvoted.

1 Like

Would absolutely play, and help lead if needed. Draft era just sounds like pure fun

2 Likes

Would definitely not play. :smiley:

2 Likes

sounds like something fun…I would like this to happen, especially since i havent been on any special eras yet

2 Likes

I will play. I am not in that mass chat, but many know how to reach me. I agree a 2 ticker would be best. Did I just see excel volunteer also to lead a team? That’s 2.

2 Likes

1 ticker please, and start in January will help xD

2 Likes

This can be done whenever is best for most, and I personally think that’s 15th of December, but it’s discussable. I wouldn’t play at all if someone just guaranteed me which leader will prioritize which player first, that’s the main fun that is in it for me.

May we know why not so we can find a way around it? Keep in mind this is a totally for fun era without any real rewards other than the journey

2 Likes

Fantasy is a good map and F2 will be great… great idea… and looks like fun… All hands on deck… I am in… looking forward to this event

3 Likes

Draft era’s are fun. But having done one in the past, some words of advice.

1. After getting initial backing, get the event started as soon as possible. People’s schedules change quickly. A good portion of the last drafts players didn’t even plant (about 1/4) b/c of how long the draft took.
  2. Have backup plans ready for the above. Whether you allow folks to recruit randomly or let teams merge if both teams don’t have enough, get some guidelines set up in preparation for what is and is not acceptable. This includes replacing members throughout the era.
  3. Be ready for rando teams that weren’t part of the draft showing up.

With that said, I’d be happy to help out

5 Likes

a simple removing of colonies will do the trick :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am actually so glad you replied with tips because I have already been working on a few issues that we might face, but the most important thing is still realizing this is an actual fun event made by players FOR players, so I hope everyone will do their best for the wellbeing of this event

3 Likes

maby if we draft 5 teams, and one of them function as reserves.

and can be added in too the other 4 teams so they are even 4 teams or so.

other then that this sounds like great fun and you can count me inn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would prefer a draft over factions, just looking for some event. Maybe have more than 4 leaders?

2 Likes

And no NAPS or allies… everyone vs everyone, else it will be like any other era…

5 Likes

looking forward but just 1 suggestion. there should be an admin’s team as well placed around the map with protection of like 200-500 ticks whatever feels right and once that team is out of protection, they will fight the whole world. they can have super units or just normal huge amount of units.

2 Likes