Draft event Era 2019 (Start of December, https://forms.gle/yxEZrzPNB4b9pn957)

Super units are hilariously OP, like near unfightable. That’s why I keep trying to meme them back.

Editing this because I don’t want to derail the thread:

Last time I rememeber them was also a Fantasy era. I forget who the admin was, but he compensated a few teams who attacked garrisons w/ supers with blues because they wiped out entire armies of multiple 150+ power people.

1 Like

i remember it happened once on fantasy before i quit the game. HORD alliance and trust me we(alliances) actually conquored 8 players of them. and yes it was a fun era

2 Likes

best way to go about this imo is to actually get a list of people who will play. Start a vote or something and whoever votes yes will be put on a list to draft from

3 Likes

my vote goes with you sweetheart.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted and tried for this multiple times. Always shot down. Admins not allowed to use their powers to fight the world, no matter what. :cry:

3 Likes

but it happened like 7-9 years ago. i think seth was admin of the world.

4 Likes

I totally agree with djina to do this right, no naps and no allies, every team for themselves

4 Likes

This is what the original draft idea was…but TLA was to powerful and the draft teams were to weak

3 Likes

Yup but now HE wants to run a draft and participate

3 Likes

as someone that have had super units, seth gave us 55 range 55 damage 55 hp units on F4.
i dont think its a good idea.

that era was a cluster fuck, as the rank 1 team lost countless units trying to kill us. ( each event player ( 10 ppl from hord ) had 10 units each and we killed 100’s of squads.
seth had to give out multiple 100k gold and wood mass boosts to let them re build.
luckely there was no other team around too kill the rank 1 team.

sadly my old skype got hacked so i cant find the pictures, Skip had a look for em but didnt keep any.
jed - freedom migth have them still if anyone can contact him ( we dont rly speak anymore )

3 Likes

edit - we killed 100’s of squads each.

first event with them was worse, as then we where allowed to spam ops and use agents. we crippeld the world and just had to let them kill us. as that was kidna the event.

3 Likes

I think the admins should be heavily involved in the draft. It is pretty well known who the really good players are, and who the big boosters are…so make sure the draft is fair and no one team over balanced. Super units are great if they are just a few, say on one relic and people are warned ahead of time, but otherwise no super units on this era.

2 Likes

Everyone who wants to play the era should have to register prior to the draft. After teams are drafted from those who properly registered, the era should only be open to the drafted teams. IE i think there shouldnt be a set number of leaders until its clear how many people want to participate.

In order to prevent people from joining that were not part of the draft there could be a password or people who join that are not part of a team should have a ridiculous amount of protection that they cant break in order to prevent another TLA situation.

3 Likes

I agree people who are not part of the draft should not be allowed to plant and make teams.

2 Likes

Like the idea, I’d probably play depending on what I had going at the time

2 Likes

I vote for @Malicewolf to admin this.

2 Likes

Admin didn’t fight world. They gave players super units and 1 small team fought world.
The other thing was simply placing super units on relics (which as you notice, is no longer a thing).

As for the “don’t allow those who didn’t sign up” aspect, I’m not quite sure how the Alex and Ilona will like that. We’ve never been known to exclude folks from fun, especially since not everyone comes to the forums or even have skype, but like to participate.

What could be done however, is we can close the world at a certain tick (maybe 100-200 ticks in). This would also prevent teams from getting folks to plant for them during the event (unless did extra early).

And as I said before, it’s good to have backups. Always assume the worst will happen (cause usually it does). Folks might not show up and teams will be left at a disadvantage. There are decent players who don’t use forum or skype.

Also, you never know if someone will rage and disband their entire team. We’ve seen this a few times during events… :sweat::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Love this idea. It’d be great if only to have people play with different people than they usually play with, it’s what I loved about the Factions event as well.

6 Likes

I dont think its bad to close map and only allow ppl who wanna play it to plant…

If you dont like idea of playing with who picks you then go play other maps… no one is forced to play

And planting as neutral on this event, whats the point?

2 Likes

Once again, more so it’s based on the fact that not everyone comes to the forums or is on skype/discord. To already tell them they aren’t welcome in the event, usually not something Alex supports. And there isn’t a set up to put a password on a world that I know of. So instead, it would currently require the admin to open the world whenever someone is ready to join, then closing it again. Just that the logistics is hard to manage for start of era. Could however make it so players couldn’t create their own teams, like factions.

2 Likes