BattleDawn Championship Era 3

Yeah we weren’t able to flex it before, but damaged 950 full zeus squads, and virused full 700 ares squads.

14 Likes

Imagine spending months not moving your army and still not being able to afford to SP proof your gathering ops.

14 Likes

All part of the plan :eyes:

We knew they wouldnt take the fight they need their armies intact for when they stab ATOM at the end of the era!

13 Likes

Yeah as soon as I saw you continue eot I knew ZEUS would turn, but Nopy kept repeating ZEUS won sarcastically in one of my chats with him which made me chuckle so I came here to say ZEUS won on his behalf :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Fredo:

13 Likes

Seems like this sad prediction is coming true. If people were hoping this era was to be the era where ingame skill, activity, and fun gameplay were going to be rewarded, it’s been a rude awakening for them.

As has been mentioned many times before, the NA side, and more specifically Neutron, has played this era very well given the constraints as presented. Too many in other sides, including myself, played this era in a way in which we would have fun, or in ways they think this game should be played. (Also, I personally made many other mistakes for which I can be fairly laughed at and which aren’t the way in which the game should be played).

AM, as a team, and as a coalition, has been honestly impressive in just how well they’ve played, but overextended and wanted to war too badly, rather than being content sitting and waiting, and perhaps offering some spots to other teams. AT had the same problem but to an even bigger extent, HINI decided to focus on killing enemies rather than collecting relics and building a strong defense. SHIP played (and plays) amazingly, but doesn’t have the coalition behind them and the boosting power needed. To me, AT, AM and SHIP are the best-playing teams this era, and are the best fighting/battling team on this war game.

The sad truth however is that none of that matters when you have a tick limit combined with a side willing to play defensively and in a way that many of us would think isn’t a fun way to play. Again, no shade to Neutron for this, his team wasn’t built for aggressive wars, while having a lot of boosting power and a lot of players on their side. Playing defensively was and is definitely the best option for him, and it’s incredible what he has managed to do with pure diplo.

Regardless I can’t help but think that it’s going to leave an amazingly sour taste in the mouths of a large portion of the playerbase. For the NA team to win they have to hold their camp wall for a month, with extremely little actual fighting. It’s not going to be fun, for either side. It’s not going to lead to a massive bang, a glorious war to end this final Champions Era. War skill simply only means so much when of the top 5 teams in terms of power, 3 are on the same side and behind a camp wall, and they know the clock is ticking down.

Having this era without a tick limit was the biggest mistake that could have been made. Maybe it was unexpected that so many contenders showed up, but ending this era with a stalemate / most relics win simply doesn’t do justice to how many skilled players are on this era. In the end, there might be 2 players in the winning team that I feel like they deserve their winning spot: Neutron and Nopy. That feels very unsatisfying to me for an era that was advertised as:

There is a kind of greatness in ending up in a situation where you are safe behind a camp wall and can wait it out for a month, but I’m sure it’s not the greatness anyone who planted on the Champions Era aspired to. It’s not the kind of greatness that makes for a good story of what an awesome war game Battledawn is, and it’s not the kind of greatness we were all looking forward to for this final Champions Era. To me, because of the tick limit, it feels like an extended normal E1, rather than the special Champions Era it should have been, and that makes me sad regardless of who wins in the end.

18 Likes

What, you planning to win from your 3rd colony now?

EDIT before gullible kids start jumping me again:
Greenjitsu stats 3140 ticks 40 ops 5 wrecks, then within a few ticks 40 more ops and constant wreckage grabbing

8 Likes

My time in this era (and probably game) is over, the second account was enough of a hassle for me (so yes, confirmation, I took over the account). It’s also a bit beside the point, I tried as much as possible to not make the post about me because it’s not about me, it’s about the era as a whole.

Edit: Capo, just saw your Geen comment and just… lol. You’ve seen Geen play, he’s one of the best players of all time on this game. I can’t believe you find it surprising that while not playing and with 0 network, he took no wreckages, and that when he starts playing with a network in AA, SA and I think still Africa back then, he takes wreckages.

5 Likes

Nopy made it clear, daddy Cosmin bought a game he’s not good at. He didn’t actually read the suggestions of people who have actively been playing the past years on top level but he went with whatever he liked, and on top of that desperately tried to make his friends win anyway. I can finally say there’s a bad guy badder than you Milan, which is why I wish ATOM wins
#SHIP joins Neutron and Nopy for the 3/3 Kong win!

7 Likes

Why did you get banned then? Reason for ban???

1 Like

I don’t believe you have a right to comment on what makes you sad or not in Battledawn at this point. You have single-handedly exploited every single loophole this game had. Your level of cheating and dishonesty is unmatched and although you are a good player to first of all understand these loopholes and to secondly exploit them, you don’t have a say in what makes up the best team this era because all you have done is abuse the game.

Secondly, the art of war is not simply to throw forces on the frontline and dance all the time. It includes proper tactics, proper diplomacy and the proper skill to merge all the factors together. This argument of “warring” teams being better than teams with a proper combination of factors is illogical and should no longer be cheered in a game that is so much more than simply clashing pixels together.

Last but not least, you seem to have given up on a full 10 man win with AT because you recognise that no matter the outcome of the assault on NA you will get dragged through the mud by the rest of the world. Why come on the forums and attempt to soil what someone else has done because you could not? Didn’t you get paid enough by HINI for passing them your relic?

PS : AT and HINI are some low life characters tbh. If this game dies, it’s because of the level of corruption and hypocrisy our owner and his buddies instituted this era. I can’t wait to be done with the era and type a long review on my opinions of this type of crap.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Speaking of, I know 3 relic holders who are willing to sell their relics on a range of 500-3000 each

4 Likes

That’s fair, it was simply my personal opinion and everyone can make up their own minds about it.

As stated above, we simply disagree on what defines a good team. The art of war clearly isn’t to throw forces on the frontline and to dance all the time, but I also think that calling playing Battledawn smartly is “an art of war” is a bit of a farce on this era. When it’s come to actual wars, there were simply teams that did better than your teams. That’s not to say they did really badly and I think you personally fought well.

My point isn’t about what the best way to win Battledawn is, as I stated I think your strategy has been marvelous for this era and props to you for that. My point is that it’s not how I want a Championship Era to work. In the end, we play this game to have fun, and to me the fun way to play is how AM, SHIP, AT have played. I think the way ZEUS played this has been the most boring way of all, and I find it very sad that this is a winning strategy. That’s all I’m saying. That you won this era through diplomacy, numbers and boosting is clear and impressive.

On that subject by the way, I would love to get in contact with people to hear just how many spots you promised in the winning team because from what I’ve gathered, it adds up to a fair bit more than 10.

I wish AT all the best and hope they win this era, regardless of my mistakes. Every person in AT is amazing not just as a person but also as a player, and in terms of raw skill, fighting, morale and fun I can honestly say it’s the best team I’ve had the pleasure of playing with.

This I actually also largely agree with, there’s a point at which this game becomes too much pay-to-win, or at least pay-to-beat some enemies and I think we’ve reached that point on this era. That makes it all the more impressive that you’re in a winning position @NeutronX, but I also find it pathetic that you could still lose this era simply because someone might be willing to bribe 3 NA team members $2k each to backstab. Diplomacy and strategy can only do so much against pure money.

I think our major disagreement is only about what this game should be about and where the fun lies in this game. I’ve mentioned before that I think the way you’ve played it is the smartest way, and that it’s proven the best way to win.

5 Likes

So the way AT was playing, by massively cheating and farming their own multies R5 is the best way to win an era according to you. Got it. You’ll never change

4 Likes

Sure, I can challenge you on that. I haven’t promised spots that I could not give. The same spots being used as a bargaining chip doesn’t automatically multiply the number of spots we are willing to share. Deals need to be closed for spots to be sealed, you forgot to add that bit.

2 Likes

So basically you’ll stab more people like you stabbed WIND and MoDe and 500 ticks later claim “They stabbed us”

2 Likes

Fair enough, so you are saying that between the spots in the winning team you have currently promised to your team and allies, any teams on the map, there are no more than 10?

3 Likes

I called this out in my team chat almost at tick 1200. With the sheer amount of teams hiding and building up without wars. The Era just wont end with a conclusive winner.
This era wont end well for BD. Unlike CE2 where people quit from burnout, people will quit after CE3 tired from all the corruption/hate/cheating in this game.
And a major part of the blame has to go to the players, Remember the time when no one agreed with Capo or Milan when they said Unlimited ticks is the only way to go? ( This was my understanding looking back at old posts, and i was not involved in CE pre-tick 500)

11 Likes

If you want an era limited, make it as short as possible so people actually play the game and don’t quit mid-era.

If you want a championship era, you make it unlimited so people can die and rebuild and die and rebuild to die again.

3 Likes