The Windows Client has been updated to version 1.5.3.
1.5.3 brings the following changes:
- Reduced FPS to decrease resource usage.
- Performance optimizations.
- Fix of an issue causing capacity to display improperly.
- Fix for an issue with Minigames that caused health bars not to show (though it’s a bit like a disco now…)
- Fix for an issue causing the Battle Simulator not to work.
- Moved the map from the server to the client, greatly improving loading speed and reducing BD’s network usage (after an initial larger download).
- Improved Retry logic further (should be even more stable!)
- Changed the dreaded “Connection lost” popup to refresh the screen instead of forcing you to reopen the client. Experimental - please report any issues surrounding this screen. To be completely safe, close and re-open the client when it happens. It should be a huge convenience though, I basically rewrote the disconnect logic so that you can just stay on the world now…
By the way, we sneaked in an update 1.5.2a that not everyone noticed about a month or two ago, the difference is minor, but you may want to click your own squads in the Radar for a handy feature (thanks @Moe for the suggestion!)
There’s some other minor stuff in there too if you can find it.
We’ll see if we can setup an updater/launcher with patch notes later so we can assure everyone is on the same version and easily inform you of changes.
Old versions are available at these links:
Install BattleDawn 1.5.2
Install BattleGalaxy 1.5.2